D&D 5E Eberron in 5th Edition

Ben Kurido

First Post
I am relatively new to the 5e. I have played in a one-shot online and DM'd a couple of games for my teenage son and daughter. I am planning a game that begins in the city of Fairhaven in the kingdom of Aundair in the world of Eberron. I was wondering if anyone has run an Eberron game in 5e, and if so, how was the experience for you? Did you encounter any difficulties? Were there any aspects that worked especially well? I am hoping to make this experience amazing for my kids and (hopefully) their friends, so I am hoping to get as many bugs worked out before I start as I can. Thank you for your input! :)

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
The main issue with playing in Eberron is that there's little to no support for the setting's additions - various races, artificers, dragonmarks, etc. There was an Unearthed Arcana about it earlier this year, but IMO it was fairly lackluster (particularly the artificer-as-wizard tradition thing)

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
I'm currently running Ebberon for Princes of the Apocalypse. The fluff is absolutely fine, and I'm happy to wing it with NPC dragonmark abilities, Warforged etc as they don't need to be particularly balanced. But Eberron does lack conversion for PC races, classes and dragonmarks. I found the unearthed arcana stuff above to be totally inadequate, but I really liked this homebrewed version of Warforged that I found: http://imgur.com/a/kha8A

I do have one player with a dragonmark, and we carefully worked out what the mark lets her do based on her character goals and background.

I'm hopeful that WoTC puts out Eberron conversion documents soon. Please. Pretty please.

Agree that the Unearthed Arcana .pdf doesn't really help much for someone looking to set a 5e game in Eberron...AFAIK, it's all we've got for official content, though.

Mercule

Adventurer
The UA article looks playable, for the most part. I really only have first-hand knowledge of the Dragonmarks. I'd advise going against the official stance and allow casters to include the spells granted by marks in their "spells known". It adds a really great way to show someone focusing on their mark without having to add a bunch of feats or prestige classes.

Remove ads