D&D 5E Eberron Is Here Today!

Eberron: Rising from the Last War hits local gamestores today. Eberron creator Keith Baker talks on his blog about what's changed! So, what's changed? The Mror Dwarves, races, Dragonmarks, the Mournland, Lady Illmarrow, monsters... but not guns! And what's new? The artificer class, group patrons, warforged colossus, and scary monsters! Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign...

Eberron: Rising from the Last War hits local gamestores today. Eberron creator Keith Baker talks on his blog about what's changed!

Eberron-title.png

So, what's changed? The Mror Dwarves, races, Dragonmarks, the Mournland, Lady Illmarrow, monsters... but not guns!

And what's new? The artificer class, group patrons, warforged colossus, and scary monsters!

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age, or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.
  • Enter the world of Eberron in a 1st-level adventure set in Sharn, the City of Towers
  • Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of train cars, battle-scarred fortresses, and fallen warforged colossi.
  • Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.
  • Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.
  • Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.
  • Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.
  • Prepare to venture into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

From your initial post in your review you constructed an easily to be misinterpreted sentence. If you want people to not deconstruct it at least word your sentence better.
I wonder how many dozens of people are going to quote this and tell me this same exact thing. Am I supposed to respond to everyone individually who says that I should have been more clear? Am I supposed to care that everyone is saying the same thing, over and over again? At what point does this stop being valuable advice?

And yes, I know, you will say "I haven't read the whole thread" or something like that, only proving my point more so...

I wonder how many dozens of people are going to quote this and tell me this same exact thing. Am I supposed to respond to everyone individually who says that I should have been more clear? Am I supposed to care that everyone is saying the same thing, over and over again? At what point does this stop being valuable advice?

And yes, I know, you will say "I haven't read the whole thread" or something like that, only proving my point more so...
Instead of doubling down and being boneheaded about it how about actually clearing up what you mean? I mean having actual clarity and meaning in a sentence is a novel concept I know.

I have read the entire thread. It does not take away from the fact that particular sentence of yours is easily misinterpreted.

Instead of doubling down and being boneheaded about it how about actually clearing up what you mean? I mean having actual clarity and meaning in a sentence is a novel concept I know.

I have read the entire thread. It does not take away from the fact that particular sentence of yours is easily misinterpreted.
I attempted to explain, some people responded that they disagreed, and I left it at that. I don't need to go back in and continue to reexplain myself, nor try and convince people that disagree. If people disagree, that's ok. I can let it sit.

That doesn't make the next 90 people telling me that I wasn't originally clear somehow less annoying, and it doesn't make me boneheaded at all, it just means people didn't agree with that point after I tried to reexplain and that's that.

BTW your tone started off and has continued to be really naughty word for no reason, so I probably won't respond again to this, cuz you'll probably just get more passive aggressive for no reason.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Some settings dont exist in other settings.

Not sure why this seems difficult to understand.

Unless they do: in the case of D&D, the meta-setting is the standard in the books. People can ignore this in their own make-believe, because it is all made up.

I attempted to explain, some people responded that they disagreed, and I left it at that. I don't need to go back in and continue to reexplain myself, nor try and convince people that disagree. If people disagree, that's ok. I can let it sit.

That doesn't make the next 90 people telling me that I wasn't originally clear somehow less annoying, and it doesn't make me boneheaded at all, it just means people didn't agree with that point after I tried to reexplain and that's that.

Getting uppity about something that could have resolved quickly is not really something that I would be proud of. Like another user if I get called out for something that I should have made clearer I would have worked on that. But really there is no point pulling teeth now.

BTW your tone started off and has continued to be really naughty word for no reason, so I probably won't respond again to this, cuz you'll probably just get more passive aggressive for no reason.
I am afraid I am going to have to take away that point of inspiration.

"Am I wrong? No clearly that person's tone is bad!"

Remove ads

Remove ads