D&D 5E Eberron Is Here Today!

Eberron: Rising from the Last War hits local gamestores today. Eberron creator Keith Baker talks on his blog about what's changed!

Eberron-title.png

So, what's changed? The Mror Dwarves, races, Dragonmarks, the Mournland, Lady Illmarrow, monsters... but not guns!

And what's new? The artificer class, group patrons, warforged colossus, and scary monsters!

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age, or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.
  • Enter the world of Eberron in a 1st-level adventure set in Sharn, the City of Towers
  • Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of train cars, battle-scarred fortresses, and fallen warforged colossi.
  • Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.
  • Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.
  • Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.
  • Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.
  • Prepare to venture into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

R_J_K75

Legend
When you export a character sheet to pdf, it does not have the spell descriptions.

Thanks. I knew that it printed the spell list but it would be nice if it printed spell descriptions if you wanted to without the extra effort. But thats neither here nor there as its not relevant to the thread, I'll do some research if I decide to make the investment. Thanks again.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
So it is just for this book - got it. Thanks!
Correct. I love using DNDBeyond. They wrote me and said:

"Hi there Doc Klueless,

Thanks for contacting us. Because of the changes this book presented to WGtE, we are unable to offer Rising From the Last War on the app at release. However, the development team is working hard to complete all the changes and get it into the app as soon as possible. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

firehawk2324
Customer Support Representative
D&D Beyond"

And I'm super ok with that answer.

Von Ether

Legend
That sounds pretty cool. WW2 might be more in line with the bombing of Japan and the cold war that followed the wars end. But just my opinion.

I'm think most people assume if you magepunk up your D&D, the latest tech you get is WWI. But that's very subjective. I'm pretty sure there was a cold war vibe in the 20 years between the great wars. It was just a different type of cold war.

R_J_K75

Legend
I'm think most people assume if you magepunk up your D&D, the latest tech you get is WWI. But that's very subjective. I'm pretty sure there was a cold war vibe in the 20 years between the great wars. It was just a different type of cold war.

Honestly that same thing had occured to me after I posted because WWI saw the development of alot of modern technology of warfare. In my first post though I was thinking more of the devestation caused by the atomic bomb similar to the Mournland rather than the technology. Either way sounds like a good and unique game.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
If I had to guess its probably because it probably has the most material of any campaign setting so its what everything else will be measure against, compared to or used as an example when talking about other settings.
Because FR has consumed Eberron, and digested it. And shat out Eberron's pieces void of context unto the Realms.

FR has copied every mechanical represented part of Eberron, but it does not use them with the spirit or form of Eberron. People miss that fact or dismiss it as unimportant. Stealing shifters and warforged or whatever mechanical doodad does not make one Eberron, any more then stealing a collection of gears makes a Swiss watch.

Blue

For those complaining that the Changeling got nerfed, they are the only race that can have +3 charisma, by design according to Jeremy Crawford. This means they can have an 18 in Charisma making them the best face characters, best sorcerers, best bards, best warlocks (including hexblade), and among the best Paladins especially ones with the Blessed Warrior fighting stye. And one of those Stats is a floating stat so they are good wizards, clerics, monks, barbarians, rogues, ect... as well.

No, it means they START as the "best" (assuming there are no racial features which would boost any of those classes). That has dispeared by 8th level. Not insignificant, but it's not a "best" that stays.

MarkB

Legend
Because FR has consumed Eberron, and digested it. And shat out Eberron's pieces void of context unto the Realms.

FR has copied every mechanical represented part of Eberron, but it does not use them with the spirit or form of Eberron. People miss that fact or dismiss it as unimportant. Stealing shifters and warforged or whatever mechanical doodad does not make one Eberron, any more then stealing a collection of gears makes a Swiss watch.
Well, of course they're not used in the same form or spirit - why would they be, anymore than all the pre-existing races were? They're two different settings each going for different tones. And there's nothing proprietary about any of the races introduced in Eberron - they're game mechanics of D&D, entirely portable to other settings.

Personally, as someone who runs and plays Eberron games and hasn't played in Forgotten Realms in years, I'm glad to see these races adapted to other settings, so that players can use them more easily in their preferred setting. And given that Eberron's whole schtick is that it took the traditional D&D races and cultures and put unique and different spins on them, it seems utterly bizarre to complain about the same thing being done in reverse.

Blue

Well, of course they're not used in the same form or spirit - why would they be, anymore than all the pre-existing races were? They're two different settings each going for different tones. And there's nothing proprietary about any of the races introduced in Eberron - they're game mechanics of D&D, entirely portable to other settings.

Personally, as someone who runs and plays Eberron games and hasn't played in Forgotten Realms in years, I'm glad to see these races adapted to other settings, so that players can use them more easily in their preferred setting. And given that Eberron's whole schtick is that it took the traditional D&D races and cultures and put unique and different spins on them, it seems utterly bizarre to complain about the same thing being done in reverse.

I think we're agreeing with each other. I was responding about why people always bring up FR has consumed Eberron, and also why it's not true. I was doing the exact opposite of complaining about Eberron - I was complaining about the people who think that FR includes Eberron because it has the races and such. They are just wrong.

R_J_K75

Legend
I think we're agreeing with each other. I was responding about why people always bring up FR has consumed Eberron, and also why it's not true. I was doing the exact opposite of complaining about Eberron - I was complaining about the people who think that FR includes Eberron because it has the races and such. They are just wrong.

Heres the thing that seperates the two, FR has meddling gods...EB has technology. When you break it down to its lowest common denominator theres the difference.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases