Eberron It Is? [UPDATED & CONFIRMED!]

As I said in the other thread, the question is now whether we're just going to see DMs Guild and PDF support, or whether, once the psionic and artificer rules are set, we'll be seeing something more substantial in the way of an actual published book. I have a feeling that once the necessary rules are in place (with a likely rules expansion book early next year for new classes and races), we'll...

As I said in the other thread, the question is now whether we're just going to see DMs Guild and PDF support, or whether, once the psionic and artificer rules are set, we'll be seeing something more substantial in the way of an actual published book. I have a feeling that once the necessary rules are in place (with a likely rules expansion book early next year for new classes and races), we'll be seeing a full book, and this is just to whet the appetite and get things started...

It's also worth noting that this PDF is explicitly called out as playtest material in its Introduction (apparently by Keith Baker?). Which means in some ways it's even worse than you mention: this is a $20 Unearthed Arcana installment.

You and others have mentioned this, but it is good for people to remember that once you have bought the pdf, all future updated versions of the pdf will be downloadable for free, as I seriously doubt WotC will go against this standard pdf practice. :)

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
You and others have mentioned this, but it is good for people to remember that once you have bought the pdf, all future updated versions of the pdf will be downloadable for free, as I seriously doubt WotC will go against this standard pdf practice. :)

I don't disagree, but here's the thing: for those of us hoping for a hardcover it's a two-edged sword. If we buy enough copies of the beta to prompt a physical book, we will still have to buy the physical book . . . and there's no free update or discount for that, no matter what else we purchased.

And WotC doesn't release finalized PDFs of its hardcovers, at least not so far. There's no reason to think WotC will go against this standard pdf practice either.

So Ravnica of all things is getting a hardcover, but not Eberron? Has Wizards of the Coast lost their minds?
Eberron still needs official rules for psionics and artificers, so this is likely a placeholder until those are thrashed out and the remaining rough edges in this are smoothed out for an actual hard copy release.

ccs

41st lv DM
I presume you've seen the table of contents at this point and realize it's not 150 pages of fluff (I presume the races, backgrounds, and dragonmarks aren't fluff). And I was wrong on the page count (176), since I was too dense to look at the product page.

AD

Since I'm wrong, why would you presume that? Afterall, I did end those sentences with (? ) marks....

And no, I haven't looked since. Not likely to either as I'm not terribly interested in the setting. I just thought it'd be really stupid not to have rules included for the mechanical bits that make the setting different from others.

Remove ads

Remove ads