D&D 5E Eberron: Rising from the Last War Coming For D&D In November

A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.
A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 10.28.34.png

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of floating castles, skyscrapers, and more.

• Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and noirish intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.

• Include a campaign for characters venturing into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.

• Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.

• Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.

• Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.

There is an alternate cover for game stores:

ECWHqFcU4AAvUYP.jpg

WotC's Jeremy Crawford confirmed that "The book incorporates the material in "Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron" and adds a whole lot more."

Remathilis

Legend
Why don't you take your theory to some other setting that deserves it, like Dark Sun, or Eberron?

You've missed the memo: I have.

Now, I don't give a flying fig what you do in your home game; force all your players to be kobolds for all I care. But I've long advocated that any setting that is getting an update or release in 5e should, at the very least, be able to support all the PHB classes and many, if not all, PHB races. Dark Sun. DragonLance. Eberron. Ravenloft. Greyhawk. All of them. And if its going to exclude any of them, it better be for an Orcus-damn better reason that "it wasn't invented yet."

And, shock of shocks, most do it well. The 3.5 Dragon Mag and 4e versions of Dark Sun added places for most of the classes and races in their respective editions. 3e DragonLance fit all the 3.5 classes, as did Arthaus Ravenloft. Nothing broke. Even Greyhawk made the core 3.0 PHB work with little hiccup. Settings evolve. They grow and adapt to new versions of the core. Greyhawk is nothing special when it comes to that.

So play without dragonborn and tieflings. Just don't scream "BETRAYAL!" when they show up in official 5e Greyhawk stuff.

Remathilis

Legend
Artificer in this book will have 3 Subclasses (unnamed): Crawford had said previously that the Alchemist was the low scorer of the last batch, so that might not have made the cut.

I have a feeling Alchemist is going to be heavily reworked to be petless, but not cut. Not sure which will be though. Maybe smush Battlesmith (iron defender) and artilerist (wand use) together?

Zardnaar

Legend
You've missed the memo: I have.

Now, I don't give a flying fig what you do in your home game; force all your players to be kobolds for all I care. But I've long advocated that any setting that is getting an update or release in 5e should, at the very least, be able to support all the PHB classes and many, if not all, PHB races. Dark Sun. DragonLance. Eberron. Ravenloft. Greyhawk. All of them. And if its going to exclude any of them, it better be for an Orcus-damn better reason that "it wasn't invented yet."

And, shock of shocks, most do it well. The 3.5 Dragon Mag and 4e versions of Dark Sun added places for most of the classes and races in their respective editions. 3e DragonLance fit all the 3.5 classes, as did Arthaus Ravenloft. Nothing broke. Even Greyhawk made the core 3.0 PHB work with little hiccup. Settings evolve. They grow and adapt to new versions of the core. Greyhawk is nothing special when it comes to that.

So play without dragonborn and tieflings. Just don't scream "BETRAYAL!" when they show up in official 5e Greyhawk stuff.

4E hamfisted Darksun. The only people who liked it were a subsection of the 4E fans. Nerath and Eberron 4E were decent enough.

The original material rewrote a lot of phb stuff.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I have a feeling Alchemist is going to be heavily reworked to be petless, but not cut. Not sure which will be though. Maybe smush Battlesmith (iron defender) and artilerist (wand use) together?

Yeah, we'll see: Crawford singled out the Alchemist as being in trouble when reviewing the feedback on the final playtest. I'm sure we'll see an Alchemist eventually, but it might not be until a Xanathar's style book.

Ha! I do not need your dispensation to play without Dragonborn, or Tieflings, in my home campaign, any more than I need to seek your approval to hate on the most despised of all classes, the Paladin.

And I will not scream, "Betrayal," as such betrayal will not only be self-evident, but will be echoed through the valleys, through the hills, and likely written in the signs carried by the MILLIONS.

And let me tell you, it is quite something to carry a sign when your hands are already filled with pitchforks and torches.

I mean, trying to turn Greyhawk into another boring FR clone?

giphy.gif
Do you get sexually aroused by being a sanctimonious troll?

Remove ads

Remove ads