D&D 5E Eberron: Rising from the Last War Previews

Fantasy Grounds has posted a preview of the official virtual tabletop package for the upcoming Eberron setting book. It gives a great sense of the content and art style to be found in the hardcover.

Fantasy Grounds has posted a preview of the official virtual tabletop package for the upcoming Eberron setting book. It gives a great sense of the content and art style to be found in the hardcover.

Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 19.51.58.png

Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 19.53.00.png

Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 19.52.31.png

D&D Eberron: Rising From The Last War
Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world's greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron--a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age, or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer--the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player's Handbook.
  • Enter the world of Eberron in a 1st-level adventure set in Sharn, the City of Towers
  • Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of train cars, battle-scarred fortresses, and fallen warforged colossi.
  • Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and intrigue and a crossroads for the world's war-ravaged peoples.
  • Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron--a background for your whole party.
  • Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player's Handbook.
  • Confront horrific monsters born from the world's devastating wars.
  • Prepare to venture into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.
Click through for more screenshots.

dave2008

Legend
It seems now that most everything that people know of had feathers or at least down. Such as what might be in this book, though the cover has a non-feathered raptor.
The most recent evidence suggest t-Rex did not have feathers and I am pretty sure there is no evidence that ceratopsians or sauropods had feathers. They are 3 of the best known dinos I believe with dromeosaurs (aka velociraptors) being in the mix too.

To be clear, I like feathered dinosaurs, but we’ve jumped the gun a bit in putting them in everything.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
The most recent evidence suggest t-Rex did not have feathers

Actually, phylogenetic bracketing suggests that t-rexes had plumulaceous feathers like other Tyrannosauroidea, though areas some areas of its body did have naked skin.

and I am pretty sure there is no evidence that ceratopsians

Psittacosaurus had bristle-like structures on their tails, that may be feather-like.

To be clear, I like feathered dinosaurs, but we’ve jumped the gun a bit in putting them in everything.

True.

dave2008

Legend
Actually, phylogenetic bracketing suggests that t-rexes had plumulaceous feathers like other Tyrannosauroidea, though areas some areas of its body did have naked skin.
To my understanding the most recent research suggest T-rex did not have feathers. Skin impressions for T-rex and its closest relatives support this. To be honest I was a bit disappointed, but it makes senses. They are just too big (we don't have woolly mammoths in Africa either). The links below provide more information (you will notice the reconstruction was completely changed from feathered to naked over time).

T-Rex 2018
T. Rex Youngsters

Parmandur

Book-Friend
To my understanding the most recent research suggest T-rex did not have feathers. Skin impressions for T-rex and its closest relatives support this. To be honest I was a bit disappointed, but it makes senses. They are just too big (we don't have woolly mammoths in Africa either). The links below provide more information (you will notice the reconstruction was completely changed from feathered to naked over time).

T-Rex 2018
T. Rex Youngsters

From an article in the New York Times this year about a program in the American Museum of Natural History that has statues of feathered Tyranasurs:

"Scientists now believe that all tyrannosaurs had feathers; while small species like Dilong would have been covered with them, the adult T. rex probably had just patches for display."

There is still some controversy, but the trend is more and more towards discovering the feathered nature of dinos.

dave2008

Legend
From an article in the New York Times this year about a program in the American Museum of Natural History that has statues of feathered Tyranasurs:

"Scientists now believe that all tyrannosaurs had feathers; while small species like Dilong would have been covered with them, the adult T. rex probably had just patches for display."

There is still some controversy, but the trend is more and more towards discovering the feathered nature of dinos.
Thank you for the link, but again, that seems like older science to me. I don't have the time or will to do the research now and I am not plug into the community like I was 10-15 years ago, so I will just accept it is still in flux. As all good science is!

Remove ads

Remove ads