• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron: The Chaos Effect Complete once more Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Randrak looks good. I need to see if I have Battle Mage to look at what it does for your barbarian. Origin works but Eberron Dragons are not generally conflictive. I stress generally but as a DM I can say there are dragons out there looking for civilized snacks.

DarkMaster

First Post
I wrote the origin quickly, If you want I can replace dragon by another large beast.

The battle sorcerer I used is the variant found in Unearthed Arcana. Basically you get D8 hp, ability to cast spell in light armor, Initimidate instead of Bluff as class skill, proficiency with one melee weapon (here irrelevant because of the barbarian level) In exchange for 1 less spell known at each spell level (minimum 1) and 1 spell less per day per level

Level 5 and a background wanted.

Backgrounds are important to me. As said earlier, I use them to get PCs involved and as we go I wish to touch on some of backgrounds even further.

Gotta go. Job #2 becons... :\

DarkMaster said:
I wrote the origin quickly, If you want I can replace dragon by another large beast.

The battle sorcerer I used is the variant found in Unearthed Arcana. Basically you get D8 hp, ability to cast spell in light armor, Initimidate instead of Bluff as class skill, proficiency with one melee weapon (here irrelevant because of the barbarian level) In exchange for 1 less spell known at each spell level (minimum 1) and 1 spell less per day per level

The dragon is fine. In fact it works well. (insert evil laughter here) I just wanted to be sure you know a few things about Eberron.

I just only found my Unearthed Arcana and I'll look at today / tonight. Being WoTC I doubt it will be an issue.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I'm being nice! Thankfully, a player doesn't have to be nice to a character. ;)

Ozmar

First Post
OK, I may have missed the boat, but here's the quick-n-dirty on my character: a warforged rogue/artificer. (Youse guys is so fast! :) )

[sblock]
Ghost
Male-personality Warforged Rogue 3/Artificer 2
Alignment: Neutral

Height: 5’6"
Weight: 250
Skin: Silver with Black Striations
Eyes: Silver
Hair: None

Str: 10 (+0) [10]
Dex: 16 (+3) [16]
Con: 18 (+4) [16, +2 race]
Int: 17 (+3) [16, +1 level]
Wis: 6 (-2) [8, -2 race]
Cha: 6 (-2) [8, -2 race]

Warforged - Living Construct
immunities: poison, sleep, paralysis, disease, fatigue, nausea, exhaustion, sickening and energy drain; no natural healing of lethal damage, half magical healing; no eat, sleep or breathe; +2 Con, -2 Wis, -2 Cha; comp plating: +2 armor, light fortification (25%); slam: 1d4+Str

Class Abilities:
sneak +2d6
evasion, uncanny dodge
trapfinding, trap sense
artificer knowledge +5
artisan bonus
disable trap
item creation
Scribe Scroll
Brew Potion

Craft Reserve = 40

Hit Dice: 5d6 + 20
HP: 40
AC: 18 (+3 Dex, +5 Armor)
Armor Check Penalty: -2
Init: +3
Speed: 30ft

Saves
Fortitude: +5 [+1 base, +4 Con]
Reflex: +6 [+3 base, +3 Dex]
Will: +2 [+4 base, -2 Wis]

BAB: +3
MAB: +7 (1d8/19-20, Light Crossbow)

Infusions
Infusions/Day: 4
Infusions:
1: Armor Enhance, Lesser, Energy Alteration, Enhancement Alteration, Identify, Inflict Light Damage, Light, Magic Stone, Magic Vestment, Magic Weapon, Repair Light Damage, Resistance Item, Shield of Faith, Skill Enhancement (+3), Spell Storing Item, Weapon Aug, Personal.

Skills
Appraise: +10 [5 ranks, +3 Int, +2 synergy (Craft - trapmaking)]
Concentration: +9 [5 ranks, +4 Con]
Craft (trapmaking): +11 [8 ranks, +3 Int]
Craft (weapon smithing): +7 [4 ranks, +3 Int]
Disable Device: +13 [8 ranks, +3 Int, +2 mw tools]
Hide: +12 [8 ranks, +3 Dex, +1 darkweave clothes]
Move Silently: +9 [8 ranks, +3 Dex, -2 armor]
Open Lock: +13 [8 ranks, +3 Dex, +2 mw tools]
Search: +13 [8 ranks, +3 Int, +2 synergy (know-arch&engineering)]
Spellcraft: +12 [5 ranks, +3 Int, +4 synergy (UMD and know-arcana)]
Use Magic Device: +10 [8 ranks, -2 Cha, +2 (scrolls - artificer ability), +2 synergy (know-arcana)]
Know (Arcana): +8 [5 ranks, +3 Int]
Know (Arch&Eng): +11 [8 ranks, +3 Int]

Feats:
Mithril Body
Construct Lock

Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven, Draconic

Equipment:
mw thieve's tools
warforged repair kit
id papers
darkweave explorer's outfit
mw light crossbow
(more to follow...)
------------------------------
Total (11.1#)

Appearance: Ghost is a silver-white warforged, with streaks of black obsidian layered in various lines through his mitral plates. He has silvery eyes, and wears a loose-fitting explorer's outfit made of darkweave.

Personality: Ghost is a bit naive and easy to manipulate. He greatly trusts other people, often even in the face of obvious treachery. He is content to follow orders so long as he is able to hone his skills. Nevertheless, he is very intelligent, although he typically assigns his intelligence towards solving mechanical puzzles. He enjoys working with complex devices of all kinds, and loves to disassemble them to see how they work. His skills also allow him to re-assemble devices, and he's become rather good at repairing traps, weapons and warforged.

Background: Ghost was created by House Cannith and designed to be a sapper and infiltrator during the War. He was sold to the Kingdom of Breland, and was used for missions of infiltration and subterfuge. He dug under castles and disabled their gates. He sneaked into fortresses and removed their traps so a strike force could go in. He was sent on rescue operations to liberate allies held as prisoner in various dungeons. He became an expert at breaking into secure locations, and a master of locks and traps of all varieties.

After the war, he was liberated from Breland's service, and found himself without purpose among the towers of Sharn. He was quickly scooped up by a criminal guild that manipulated him into serving their ends. He was productively engaged in liberating money and valuables from "evil doers" among the wealthy in Sharn. Eventually, he ran afoul of the law, and faced an extensive sentence, but his punishment was commuted if he would consent to serving the Brelish government once again.

He went to work for the King's Lanterns, and was trained in certain magical skills to further increase his ability to defeat magical traps and locks. He served several missions successfully, and was for the most part, content to have a purpose in his existence.

Ghost still serves the Brelish Crown, and has little ambition other than to make himself useful by perfecting his abilities.
[/sblock]

So how about it? Can I play? Huh? Can I?

Ozmar the Eager

King of Sofa

First Post
I see that i missed one lvl. and i havent time before the weekend to write some good background. I better bow out and wait for another eberron campain to try my luck.

Enjoy!

-the sofa lover-

Remove ads