• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron - The dawn of the warforged (recruitment closed)

EvilPlatypus

First Post
OK, we begin again. The last of the heavy-handed railroading, I promise, but I needed to get the story going. Isada, since making magical equipment is part and parcel of your character you can use the bonus XP-pool of your previous level to stock up trundle with a few items. Facet is at 1 HP at the moment :).

doghead

thotd
I have to say that I like the way that you think.

The only Warforged I have ever played was a level 4 psychic warrior with no name and commissioned by a kalashitar. He is currently languishing in somewhere in Q'Barre.

I really shouldn't be taking on any more games. But for the chance to return HHNN to the living ... well, if you find yourself looking for another player, let me know.

thotd

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
OK, we begin again. The last of the heavy-handed railroading, I promise, but I needed to get the story going. Isada, since making magical equipment is part and parcel of your character you can use the bonus XP-pool of your previous level to stock up trundle with a few items. Facet is at 1 HP at the moment :).

All right! :D

As Facet had a craft reserve of 80, I'll have had made several 4th-level repair light damage oils. Being 200gp, that makes them 8XP a pop, resulting in 10 of them. Huzzah!

EvilPlatypus

First Post
I have to say that I like the way that you think.

The only Warforged I have ever played was a level 4 psychic warrior with no name and commissioned by a kalashitar. He is currently languishing in somewhere in Q'Barre.

I really shouldn't be taking on any more games. But for the chance to return HHNN to the living ... well, if you find yourself looking for another player, let me know.

thotd

Hello Mr Head of the dog

You're more then wellcome. I'm pretty sure we'll find another disabled warforged laying about the ruins. If you post your char in the character thread I'll post an intro for you.

Cheers.

Justin, indeed, all the WF are at -5 HP untill repaired by Facet.

Let the games begin (again :) )

doghead

thotd
Hello Mr Head of the dog

You're more then wellcome. I'm pretty sure we'll find another disabled warforged laying about the ruins. If you post your char in the character thread I'll post an intro for you.

OK. Excellent.

I had a look over the HHNN again as well as the other characters in the game. I will need to do a slight reworking to bring him in line with your character generation rules. I also noticed that HHNN pretty much mirrors Rubberneck's Psychic Warrior Rothitash.

So while I am re-working him, I'm happy to take any suggestions as to how to re-focus him to be a better addition to the party.

[sblock=Current Character]'HE HAS NO NAME'
Warforged Psychic Warrior 4
Experience Points: 8,600.
Alignment: Neutral.

Str 14 (+2) ___ [6 pts]
Dex 14 (+2) ___ [6 pts]
Con 14 (+2) ___ [4 pts, +2 racial]
Int 10 (+0) ___ [2 pts]
Wis 13 (+1) ___ [6 pts, -2 racial, L4 increase]
Cha 08 (-1) ___ [2 pts, -2 racial]

Action Points 7 (Used: 1)
HD 4d8+8 (hp 35.8)
Initiative +6 _____ [+2 dex, +4 feat]
Speed 30 __________ [base 30, light armour]
Armour Class 20 ___ [base 10, +5 armour, +3 shield, +2 dex]
- Touch 15 ________ [base 10, +3 shield, +2 dex]
- Flat Footed 15 __ [base 10, +5 armour, +3 shield]
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2

BAB +3, Grapple +5
- longsword +5 melee (1d8+2, 19-20/x2)
- short spear +5 melee (1d6+2, 20x2)
- short spear +5 range (1d6+2, 20x2, 20 ft.)

Skills
+9 Concentration +9 ____ [7 ranks, +2 con]
+7 Craft (blacksmith) __ [7 ranks, +0 int]
+1 Listen ______________ [0 ranks, +1 wis. nb: +4 power*]
+1 Spot ________________ [0 ranks, +1 wis. nb: +4 power*]

Feats
- Mithral Body (+5 AC, +5 max dex, -2 ACP)
- Improved Initiative (+4 Initiative)
- Psionic Meditation (mv action to regain Psionic focus)
- Psionic Weapon (expend focus, +2d6 damage to attack)

Power Points 9 (5+4) (Used: 5)
First Level Powers:
- Metaphysical Weapon (+1 enchantment, 1pp, std, 1min/L)
- Precog Defense (+1 insight to AC/saves, 1 pp, std, 1min/L)
- Claws of the Beast (nat weapon, 1pp, swift, 1hour/L)
Second Level Powers:
- Detect Hostile Intent (3pp, 30' radius, 10min/L)

Warforged Traits
- Living Construct Subtype.
- +2 con, -2 wis, -2 cha.
- Medium size.
- Base land speed 30 feet.
- Composite Plating (Mithral Body).
- Light Fortification.
- Natural Weapon: Slam Attack 1d4.

Psychic Warrior Abilities
- Bonus Feats at 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th etc
- Skill Points (2+int)/level

Medium, 6'4" tall, 274 lbs, 7 yrs old.

Background

"You are not like the other warforged, just as I am not like the other people of this continent," said Minharath in the silent voice he prefered. Of all the kalashitar, Minharath was the one with whom the warforged spent the most time with, and whom seemed to have the most interest in the performance of the warforged, and his development.

"We share a link to the Dal Quor, the plane of Dreams, and it gives us powers that the people here have little understanding of."

All in all, Minharath never told 'he has no name' much, but he did mention the Inspired and that they are not only his enemies, but the enemies of all life on Eberron. 'He has no name' got the distinct impression that Minharath was grooming him for something, both by external teachings and more subtle influences. He is certain his former master always intended to tell him more. Indeed, before he was killed in the Mourning, Minharath mentioned a special mission that would follow their trip to Cyre. But 'he has no name' never learned what that mission would have been.

'He has no name' was forged about as decade before the end of the Last War at the request of a kalashitar merchant house in Sharn. For a number of years he served his owners as a guard, soldier, labourer, whatever was needed. It was an easy life, despite the war that raged across the continent, for the owners of 'warforged' (as he was known to his owners) had little interest in the outcome. On occasions, however the war came to them, and warforged fought as he was designed to do.

All that changed on the Day of Mourning. Business had taken the kalashitar to Cyre, and as was often the case, warforged had traveled with them. Nightfall found warforged fleeing the newly created Mournlands east towards Q'barra with a group of refugees.

It was in Q'Barra that he learnt that he was free. Since then, warforged has been towards earning enough to return to Sharn. But he has not decided if he will return to the kalashitar. The kalashitar were not bad masters, but warforged hasn't decided yet whether he wishes to be part of their world or not.

Personality

Warforged has little interest in wondering who he is, or why he is here. He is happy enough with what he knows, that he is a warforged, and he was forged for combat. Free to choose his own path, he has chosen to continue the project of Minharath and see how far he can develop as a Psychic Warrior. Wealth has little appeal for him. Nor does power. He seeks both only as far as he needs either them to be able to do what he needs to do in order to continue to learn.

Appearance:

Warforged stands 6'3" tall, and weights in at about 260 lbs. He is a little more slender than many of his kind, and with his mithral body, a fair bit lighter. He distains clothing, seeing no need for it.

The brightwork of his body is dulled with a dark wax that serves to both prevent it from glinting in the light, and tarnishing. The wax can easily be removed to reveal the brightwork beneath, but recently warforged has taken to leaving it on, prefering the darker tone and given that the wax is inevitably scratched and rubbed off in places, the slightly battered look of the coated metal. Beneath the wax can be see numerous inscribed marks. They suggest ornamental embellishment, or even dragon marks, but are neither.

Mithral Body
Warforged Repair Kit (internal compartments? 1 lbs, 50 gp)
Tatoos (body)
- L1 Chameleon x2 (100 gp)
- L1 Compression x2 (100 gp)
- L1 Elfsight x2 (100 gp)
- L1 Stomp x2 (100 gp)
- L2 Animal Afinity x2 (600 gp)
- L2 Body Adjustment x2 (600 gp)
- L2 Dimension Swap x2 (600 gp)
- L3 Dimension Slide (750 gp)
- L3 Psionic Levitate (750 gp)
- L6 Body Adjustment (save DC16)
- L6 Dispel Psionics (save DC16)
- L6 Time Hop (save DC16)

Longsword (waist left, 4 lbs, 15 gp)
Leather case (waist right, 1 lbs, 1 gp)
- Flint and Steel (- lbs, 1 gp)
- Noxious smokestick x3 (1.5 lbs, 240 gp)
- Sunrod x5 (10 lbs, 10 gp)
- Travelling Papers (- lbs, 2 sp)
Blacksmith Tools (waist back, 5 lbs, 55 gp)
- inc Crowbar (5 lbs, 2 gp)

+1 Hvy Steel Shield (back, 15 lbs, 1170 gp)
Cold Iron Short Spear (back, 3 lbs, 2 gp)

Coins - 3 gp, 8 sp (pouch)
[/sblock]

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Doghead:
For the numbers and crunchy bits, do as you please. As for the background, HHNN is one of the warforged who joined the expedition to the swamps. I'd think he has no knowledge of the events on Sarlona, he'd be one of the group of oddballs that the creation forges spewed out, just like the rest.

Edit : I'mn ot a gamesmaster who says 'no' to his players if they want to do something. If you want I can keep your character background as it is, but you'd have to work with me to get him at the ruins in the swamps, and you'd have to incorporate a few things of my choosing into your background to fill in the time between the mourning and where we are now (which is two years later). A fair bit of your background would be 'gamesmaster discretion'. I don't know how comfortable you would be with that, since it would rob you of some choices in your character background, although I'd try to work with you instead of forcing my ideas on you as much as possible. Your character would become a part of the plotline.
I hope you understand what I mean. Basically, either you rewrite your background to be on par with the rest of the gang, or your background becomes part of the plotline, which means I'll have a say in it. Your choice.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
... I hope you understand what I mean. Basically, either you rewrite your background to be on par with the rest of the gang, or your background becomes part of the plotline, which means I'll have a say in it. Your choice.

The latter, definitely. For me its not about the chance to play another WF psychic warrior but the chance to bring HHNN back from the limbo of abandoned games.

So happy to work with you to see if we can make this happen. If it doesn't work out, well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

thotd

Remove ads