Eberron: The Plumbers OOC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Question:
If we have downtime, would it be possible to use the crafting items rules to make things like healing potions for ourselves?

You can have downtime, but a healing potion is like at least 5 days of work, I believe? I would have to look at the rules again. I thought it was an 8 hour work day (no more) per 10 gp. And proficiency in an herbalism kit (which as a druid you should have).

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
You can have downtime, but a healing potion is like at least 5 days of work, I believe? I would have to look at the rules again. I thought it was an 8 hour work day (no more) per 10 gp. And proficiency in an herbalism kit (which as a druid you should have).
Depends on which crafting rules you want to use. The rules outlined in the PHB and DMG take forever. The rules in E:RftLW and XGtE let you crank out a healing potion in 8 hours for 25 gold (if you know how to use a herbalism kit, of course).

mips42

Adventurer
DePoe has a regular dagger but i'm interested in maybe "house=Ruling" a needle dagger. In my head, a regular dagger is a shortish, wide bladed affair as good at slashing as stabbing, where I needle dagger is a longer, narrower thing, more for piercing mail and getting to vital organs. Maybe lower damage but higher chance of crit?
EG: Needle Dagger 2gp 1d4-1 piercing .75 Lbs Finesse, light Improved Critical 17

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Improved Critical isn't really a thing in 5e weapons. Even a Champion Fighter doesn't get it on a 17. I have no problem with you envisioning his dagger any way you like, though inventing weapon qualities that aren't already in the book is beyond where I'd like to go.

Remove ads