EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

"I'm going to find Lord Nighthill and see if anything has changed here in the keep," Tina says to the group once the villagers are safely in the keep. "When you are sure we haven't been followed, be sure to put all that furniture back in front of the door. I'll help once I see the lord."

EarlyBird

Explorer
The courtyard is crowded with the added people from the church and Tina moves as quickly as she can to the walls, but instead of finding Lord Nighthill she finds the dwarven castellan Escobert.

dwarf.jpg "So ye made it back in one piece lass," the dwarf rumbles in greeting. "I was wrong about you and your troupe, ye are no mercenaries after all, but true heroes huh?"

Rumdum finds his familiar barrel to rest his weary legs and clean his poor feet from a second trip through the sewers. As he clears the muck he notices the red scraps and cuts, as well as a bruise around his ankle from the sharp teeth and claws of the giant rats.

Eadyan.jpg "Well that doesn't look good," Father Eadyan says passing by. "Here little one, let me help you there." And before the halfling can say anything a soft glow surrounds the cleric's hands and he touches Rumdum's injured feet. Warmth spreads from his heels to his toes and when the light is gone his feet feel much better.

OOC: cure light wounds on Rumdum, [roll1d8[/roll] opps 1d8=8

EarlyBird

Explorer
From the corner of the courtyard (near the door to the cellar and old tunnel), Sebastian, Filmark, Tyrial, and William watch as the refuges from the church are greeted by those people who fled to the keep for safety. There is a lot of hugging and crying as people are reunited, and then suddenly an old man comes up and wishes to shake the hands of the "brave heroes" who saved his daughter.

Then a woman with a basket of breads and a bottle of wine, gives it over to the stunned warriors saying it is the least she could do for them, what them saving her young nephew from the fire and all. She doesn't take no for an answer and offers to bake them some fresh bread as soon as she can.

Over and over people come up to the men offering their thanks and telling them they owe them a proper meal should they stop over for dinner, or they'll buy them a round as soon as the troubles are over, and the tavern reopens. All thoughts of the terrible ordeal outside subside for a few brief moments.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Thank you, father," Rumdum says to Father Eadyan. "It was a near thing and I'm glad to have been done with it. Now for an ale and rest before we figure our next move."

Rumdum happily accepts the wine and bread, it tasting even better than he remembers such good fare should test. After having his fill, he approaches his fellow adventurers and says, "We got the people out of immediate danger, but we're still not completely safe. Let's get some quick rest, then head over to HQ so we can find out our next move."

"Thank you, Escobert," Tina says. "We'll need somewhere to rest. Can you arrange that? I'm heading back down to the group." She heads back to the group.

"That sounds like a good idea, Rumdum. I just asked Escobert to find us a place to rest." She thanks the townsfolk for their generosity.

Khraos

First Post
Filmark thanks the villagers and hugs and laughs with those he knows. He takes a bite of the provisions and listens to Tina and Rumdum.

"Usually, the barracks has extra space, but, with all these additional guests, I do not know what Lord Underhill has prepared."

Filmark then looks toward the gate. "I wonder if the raiders will dare to try something tonight."

hero4hire

Explorer
Tyrial takes the food and drink graciously and takes some small bites, before stowing it for "later" then gives the food away to some hungry looking folk when he thinks no one is looking.

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Illusionist 1 /Assassin 1

Sebatian is quietly grateful that no one else here can tell when a kobold is blushing, because he feels singularly unworthy of the accolades of the people due to his late arrival and small contribution. Nevertheless, he goes along with his new companions and tries to show humble gratitude to the people.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"DRAGON! DRAGON!" comes a cry from the bowmen on the parapet.

Lightning_Breath.jpg

People around the group start to look around eyes going wide. And then the huge blue form of the dragon lands atop the roof of the keep, and chaos erupts in the courtyard. People scream and start to scramble away in all manner of different directions. A funny feeling fills your guts and your stare rooted in place as the beast raises it jaws and lightning starts to crackle around its teeth.

*BA_BOOM*

Thunder explodes in your ears as its breath weapon cascades down the walk hitting several of the bowmen who were lining up to fire.

OOC: Before round 1 actions I need a save vs magic from everyone (at a +5 due to the dragon's age), also roll a d100 as you have a 50/50 chance to either be effected by fear(01-50) or panic (51-100), neither being good.

[sblock=Map]
dragon attack_01.jpg[/sblock]

Remove ads