D&D 5E EB's Campaign Craziness (One Shot - Interest Check)

Yeah, I did that too and I didn't find it worthwhile. Just get the modules off ebay or rpgnow and save $40. Anyone truly interested in the historical significance can acquire the various printings or just look em up on the arcanum website.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I'm bummed after a quick look through the closet I have In Search of Adventure B1-9 and could convert all of that. Here I though they may have been bringing out a new module with an old school feel.

I original looked up D&D 5e adventures 2018 and got the news on the module (I thought said June, but that could have been Jan?@!)

I wanted to start another One Shot and if it seemed I had time to run it along with everything else, then I would (after it was complete), start another campaign - that should be Tomb of Annihilation, but I don't want to ruin my current game were I'm a player.

I am finding it super easy to play already made modules as it would be impossible to come up with 6-7 different adventure ideals if I played all homebrew games. So I am eagerly awaiting the next Adventure League story.I will run something small (One Shot) and start an interest thread next week. Be on the look out.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Even as a retailer I found it confusing as to what that book actually was supposed to be. Turns out, it's reprints, adaptations, and interviews. The adaptations could have been done smaller and cheaper, the interviews could have been online, and the reprints don't feel necessary.

I can't recall, but I think it might have said January, but it came out only a few weeks ago. So it was late, too. It was Goodman Games, not WotC, so they probably overpaid for the licence and had to gussy it up to justify.

If you come up with an adventure you wanna run, I'm in.

BTW, Anyone interested in the Pathfinder 2 playtest? I've never played PF, but some of it looks interesting.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
I’d be interested in a play test. I’ve only done a smidge of pathfinder, mostly character creation for a game that never got off the ground, but I’d like to see how Pathfinder 2 holds up.

I'll download the PDF when it gets released. It looks like a larger evolution from the 3.0, 3.5, 3.75 roots of PF1 that is not just 3.875 but a proper "4". And the action economy might be good for PbP formats.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I play PF, but haven't done PF2. I'm leery of buying the playtest when I know I'm going to buy the final when it comes out (why drop the money twice).

I remember looking at the Borderlands book. Yeah, it was a pretty hefty tome. I didn't look too closely, though, as I didn't play old school, so I don't really have the connection to the adventures.

If you want Adventure League stuff, you can buy previous seasons on DMs Guild in season packets.

Remove ads