D&D 5E EB's Campaign Craziness (One Shot - Interest Check)

EarlyBird

Explorer
So nothing I have been trying to start has taken off, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a few. I recently went to the new&used book store and picked up a few books at a slightly used but great price and I think I will run them as follows:

GAME 1: Running
Tyranny of Dragons: Going to be loads of fun, you all are going to be missing out.

GAME 2: Running
Princes of the Apocalypse: Looks ok as an adventure, and since it is one of the older ones I think I want to have a party of new character archetypes, so this game will have character gene be close to normal, but all characters will have an archetype from Xanathar's Guide to Everything. As well as spells, feats, and any other new stuff that the book has. So unfortunately it looks like this game will need to wait till early DEC to start up.

GAME 3: Rnning
Out of the Abyss: I bought this mainly for my ToEE game (They had all the demon stats ready for me, HUZZAH!), but as I looked through it I found I wanted to learn the story of the characters they showcased in the art. So this game will be an odd one. I will need four players that wish to battle out in the Underdark, but the characters they take will be DM made and DM advanced. I just wish for the players to breath life into them RP wise. Still working on them so this is on the shelf for a few weeks as the next game needs to start soon.

GAME 4: Running
Curse of Strahd: Needs to start soon so this will be the first one to start up as the Holiday is nearly upon us. Rules for this game is as follows:
- 4-5 players
- Anything goes for characters and will take people wanting to try new 3rd party classes/races and such first.
- The game will only last one year though. Start Nov 1st - End Oct 31st after which I will take a new group into the Realm of Strahd von Zarovich to try their luck.
- Point Buy 27pts
- Race: Any
- Class: Any
- Characters will start at 2nd lvl and we will be using milestones as the method of leveling up.
- Roll for starting GP as per PHB + add in 2d8 x10gp to spend on equipment
- Max HP @ lvl 1 and average/lvl after that
- feats and multi-classing allowed

GAME 5: Running
Storm King's Thunder: Another game that needs to wait for Xanathar as I want to see the new random character generation in the book and see if that is the way I wish to generate the characters.

GAME 6:
Yawning Portal: Not going to run a campaign here, just use the adventures as One Shots or add to the other campaigns I will be running. Especially the Against the Giants part as an add onto Storm King.

I did not buy or page through Tomb of Annihilation as I am currently a player and don't want anything to mess (Meta) with my game.

Nothing in stone, any other ideals games (in print) that anyone thinks will be fun? I am all ears eyes.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Thanks hero4hire sorry the Marvel Game didn't get enough interest. And I already packed that stuff away, might dig it out next year lol.

I think I need to edit in a people interested list to the first post, to keep track too.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Great Question - All the games are 5e to start, but I could run one (two at the most) in something different if a group of players wanted to play something different.

I own:
D&D BASIC
1e
2e
5e
MERP
RoleMaster

Also I saw a new system over at the book store from Germany, I'm thinking of going back and picking up: The Dark Eye

So 5e (1e for Tyranny) for now unless a group wants to try out something else.

Otaxx

First Post
I could be swayed into the Curse of Strahd game. What 3rd party classes and races are you referring to though? Where can I find them?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases