D&D 5E EB's KotB: (Group 1) Courage of the Lions

EarlyBird

Explorer
Aurelius and Rorick start to chop at the trees after the other are in place.

*chop* *chop* *chop*

*chop* *chop* *chop*

After fifteen or twenty minutes the monotonous sounds of chopping are broken by the falling of the trees. They both crash to the ground and the group stands silent for a moment.

*rumble* *rumble*

The ground vibrates beneath your feet (or through the branches @Slipper) and the sound of tumbling earth starts to draw near. Casting about Derek points with his axe at the sight of a large grey fin breaking through the dirt. "Monster ho!"

OOC: Round 1: Party is up. Monster has three quarters cover +5AC

[sblock=Map]
landshark_01.jpg[/sblock]

Skarsgard

Explorer
As the creature crests the surface, Slipper looses his arrow. Now that the creature was finally here, he got to see how big it really was.

He gulps as the arrow slices through the air.

[sblock=actions]

Does slipper count as having advantage?

[roll0]
[roll1] <<< if it applies

[roll2] <<<piercing
[roll3]

[/sblock]

Lindrel fires her hand crossbow and misses.

OOC: Attack [roll0] -5 ab, sharpshooter also ignore penalties for cover
Damage [roll1] +10 damage, sharpshooter

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: Quick question on how you work out diagonal movement, then I'll edit this post to make the appropriate attack. Can Rorik get S14? If so, he'll attack melee, otherwise he'll use his ranged options.

Also, any chance someone can get Faery Fire on him?

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
[sblock=Movement] 5e got rid of the 5' then 10' then 5' etc. rule so each square is 5' I guess they went to the keep it simple options and wil play it that way. Try not to houserule to much as then I need to remember what rules are for which game.[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Rorik

Monster Ho! hears Rorik. He whips his head around to find it. As soon as he spots it he starts running towards it, dropping his borrowed axe. "One of you proper mages make it sparkle!" he shouts, quickly closing the distance. He raises he empty hands high then brings his greatsword down in a crashing blow that barely scratched the creature but left Rorik off balance for a second swing.

OOC:
By "sparkle" I mean Farie Fire
5e got rid of the 5' then 10' then 5' etc. rule so each square is 5' I guess they went to the keep it simple options and wil play it that way. Try not to houserule to much as then I need to remember what rules are for which game.
That's true, I find that a lot of DM's still use it - I guess its a "It's always been that way" rule, like critical fails

[SBLOCK=Actions and rolls]
Move: S14
Bonus Action: Summon bonded weapon
Actions: Attack: Rorik attack and damage: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25
2D6+4 = [1, 2]+4 = 7
1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15
2D6+4 = [5, 4]+4 = 13
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]Passive Perception:
AC: 17
Initiative: -1
HP: 40/40 HD: 5/5d10

Offense:
Greatsword: +7 5ft 2d6+4S (Heavy, 2 handed)
Shortsword: +7 5ft 1d6+4P (Finesse, Light)
Handaxe: +7 5ft 1d6+4S (Light, Thrown)
Handaxe: +7 20/60 1d6+4S (Light, Thrown)
Spell Save DC: 12

Second Wind (S): 1/1
Action Surge (S): 1/1

0th: Frostbite, Greenflame Blade
1st: 3/3 Absorb Elements, Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Protection From Good and Evil[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases