D&D 5E EB's Keep on the Borderlands - The Lion's Den

After dinner and a sufficiency of beer, Erevan heads up to bed. In the morning, he takes the lion's head brooch from the bottom of his pack and pins it to his tunic. Over breakfast, he asks Kordo Vas if he might have a spare quiver of arrows lying about.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Aurelius drinks hard, as he tends to do before a tough mission. When asked, he says, "Hangover keeps me focused..." He eventually goes to bed and passes out.

Li Shenron

Legend
Lorelei is usually uninterested in food, and even less so in funny beverages. She takes as little as possible from the trays, more as a polite gesture than anything, and only raw or dried vegetables.

She will then retire for the night, but will spend at least an hour trying to reconnect to her patron.

TallIan

Explorer
Rorik

Rorik's eyes widen when he hears the song. "I do. I did not think to hear anything from so close to my homeland. My parents were each determined to teach me their own disciplines, so I was spared much of intrigue of court. I thought I recognised you when yo arrived, but perhaps I know of you by reputation, you were married to Sir Rodry? I had the honour of serving with him on occasion, before he was struck down - I am sorry to hear."

Rorik spends much of the time between Lindrel's songs chatting with Lindrel, eating and drinking.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tassarion Liadon
Kendall Keep
Late Afternoon
Round 0

As the evening wound down, most didn’t notice Tassarion slip out into the night. He knew he was in a fort, protected, but old habits. He made a perimeter check before retiring to the room assigned him for the night. He stripped off his armor and lay on the bed, slipping into the elven trance.

In the morning, he was up with the dawn, doing another check, and then eating a simple breakfast in the common room as they awaited the others.

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move:
Action: (Extra Attack)
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
HP: 37/37
HD: 5/5 1d10+1
Arrows used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
Arcane Shot (2/2/R): Grasping Arrow or Seeking Arrow
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Before most of the others, Sahrax excuses himself to retire to bed. After inquiring which room he can use, the elf takes his pack and moves up the stairs to find his chamber. Three times he tries to open the locked door, then he takes out the key he has been given and in quick succession opens and closes the lock three times before entering the room and closing the door behind him in a similar fashion.

Only then does he examine the room. A simple bed beneath a locked window, and a small sidetable. Both the window lock and the sidetable get the same treatment as the door, each tried three times before Sahrax is satisfied. Moving the bed against the wall furthest from the door and no longer underneath the window, the elf takes out his spellbook and tosses it on the bed before undressing and stepping into a fine white nightgown. His clothes folded immaculately are placed on the sidetable, then Sahrax gets on the bed. A few physical exercises - each done three times - and then he sits crosslegged, hands loosely on his knees in a meditative stance.

He blinks once, twice, thrice, before closing his eyes and focusing on his breathing. Eventually, after all these rituals he has done every day since escaping a place most dark and foul, Sahrax finds himself deep in his elven trance.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Üngar shied away from the main festivities, lingering at edge of the crowd to watch intently as people enjoyed themselves. The smell of brewed yeast and hops antagonized his nostrils and he found himself gravitating towards the bar, and the half-orc who was busily quaffing the liquid of his curiosity. "I also drink," the dwarf signaled, and proceeded to match draught for draught with the half-orc.
Night wore on, he wandered out. Morning found him snoring in the stables as carts and horses were being readied.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Kordo Vas shakes his head, "Sorry Erevan, I didn't bring any because I knew there would be a stash here in the Keep, somewhere. Why don't you ask one of the watch guards on your way out, you might get lucky."

OOC: Keep has a surplus, so why not roll a Persuasion check, and see just how lucky you are.

Remove ads