5E EB's KotB: (Group 1) Courage of the Lions

EarlyBird

Villager
The first morning of your stay in Kendall Keep dawns cloudy and cool, and there may well be rain before the day is over. But nothing can deter the excitement you feel as you check over your weapons and gear and ready yourself for the adventures ahead.

At breakfast Kordo Vas gave the group last minute instructions as he learned about a hermit the locals call the Bee-Man who lives in a glade not far from where the bulette has been rampaging. From time to time the Bee-Man would bring casks of mead to the keep to trade for blankets, vegetables, and to get a few tools sharpened. Kordo Vas wants you to ask the man to visit the Keep and to see if he can't get him to start his trade up once more.

You leave The Lion's Den and Kendall Keep early, headed for the Trill Farm or Dubit's logging camp. Both have had trouble with the monstrous landshark and can give you more insight and information about the monster. The farm is closer to the Keep and stationery so finding it will be easy, but the logging camp is located near the forest edge and usually moves about monthly.

OOC: RP your little walk, about a mile and a half. And please decide where you would like to start.
 

tglassy

Explorer
Derek, weapons strapped securely to his back, moves to the front of the line, ready to face any foe that approaches. He mostly stays quiet, as is his way. The start of the trip reminded him of his time in a previous group, much like this one, and the memories had stolen his tongue for the moment.
 

Skarsgard

Explorer
A much cleaner Slipper set out in the morning, he had taken advantage of a bath the previous evening and the smell was much more pleasant. Derek was his silent self, which allowed Slipper to slip into a comfortable step next to the big man. After a moment he pulled out a hunk of bread from his pack and tore a chunk out of it as he walked.

"Which one should we go for first?" he asks around a wad of half chewed sodden bread. "The farm is closer, should we go there first?"
 

tglassy

Explorer
Ignoring the disgusting sound of the younger man chewing while trying to talk, Derek said. “The farm. I would like to know more before blindly rushing in to danger.”
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Lindrel comes downstairs in the morning. She has left her expensive lute in her room along with a few odds and ends. She is sure to have a hearty breakfast before they set out.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"RAAAARGH!!! YES! GOOD MORNING!!" shouts the half-orc as he pulls his dripping head out of the rain barrel. He scoots to the front of the group, saying, "We're gonna want my eyes and my nose up front if we are gonns track this beastie and not get into trouble."
 

Skarsgard

Explorer
Slipper stopped chewing with his mouth agape as the half-orc stumbled to the front of the group.

"Be my guesht," he slurred as his tongue fought its way around the bread. Unconsciously he slipped back slightly letting the half-orc get a bit of a lead on him.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: So Aurelius is the navigator, a Wisdom(Survival) check please. With advantage I'm sure someone will give him a helping hand.
And I'll have a character check done for him this weekend.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Lindrel is all smiles as they leave the keep, sure to give a hearty, "Good morning," to those who may have imbibed a bit too much last night.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Rorik

Rorik woke early to find Warain had prepared his breakfast. The youth was buzzing with excitement and Rorik did not relish having to tell him he wasn't coming with on this trip. Edgar had cleaned Rorik's armour as best he could and helped the knight into don it ready for their morning training with Warain. Warain proved full of aggression, that Rorik could turn against him, but when fighting Edgar the extra ferocity from the boy nearly broke through Edgar's defenses.

Edgar watched as the other assigned to the hunting expedition started to gather. He contemplated taking his horse with, but decided against it, no one else was mounted, and the beast would require quality food to be carried.

"Help Galan with the horse and try and find some quality river sand for our armour." Rorik told Warain, trying to lift the boy's spirits at being left behind. It didn't seem to help much though.

I agree that the farm should be our first stop." Rorik voiced as the party set off, Rorik watched as some of them jockeyed for position, he smiled to himself and settled in the middle with Edgar, quizzing the youth on his history and trying to get him to conjure a spark with the arcane language of magic.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception:
AC: 17
Initiative: -1
HP: 40/40 HD: 5/5d10

Offense:
Greatsword: +7 5ft 2d6S (Heavy, 2 handed)
Shortsword: +7 5ft 1d6P (Finesse, Light)
Handaxe: +7 5ft 1d6S (Light, Thrown)
Handaxe: +7 20/60 1d6S (Light, Thrown)
Spell Save DC: 12

Second Wind (S): 1/1
Action Surge (S): 1/1

0th: Frostbite, Greenflame Blade
1st: Absorb Elements, Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Protection From Good and Evil[/SBLOCK]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Might want to put Edgar's mini stats in an sblock as well.


Aurelius has no trouble finding the Trill Farm north of Kendall Keep. A low stone wall surrounds a large garden, and in place it looks as if something plowed through the wall destroying it. At one of these spots Farmer Trill and a few work-hands are in the middle of repairing the wall.

farmer.jpg "Well look at all this steel. I sure hope you all are here to do some good," he says wiping his forehead with his sleeve. Then he notices Lindrel. "Or are you the lady's escort?" he says a bit confused.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Lindrel's lilting laugh is short as she says, "I flash as much steel as anyone here. We were sent from the Keep to look into your problem with a large burrowing creature. I take it you may have seen it," she points to the broken walls.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
A bit of surprise shows through the farmer's face and then a large smile forms as what all these heavily armed warriors are doing. "Why yep. Yep indeed, we where hounded by a vicious burrowing monster. Broke into the field there as we were plowing, and went straight for Peridoc, our plow horse, and when it was done chewing on him, it broke out through the wall right here."

His face then takes on an expression of thought, "Haven't seen it for a couple days now. Couldn't tell you were it is, but sure hope you can stop it from eaten anymore of our horses."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Good to hear there was no additional lose of life. Do you know anything of someone called the Bee Man?" Lindrel asks. "We thought he might be having the same troubles you have been having."
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"The Bee-Man?" Farmer Trill looks over the group with a bit of suspicious on his face. "Your not out here to hurt the man are you?" he asks with maybe a bit gruffer voice than he intended. "He ain't never hurt no one and wishes only to be left alone."

OOC: Insight DC 12 everyone.
 

Skarsgard

Explorer
Slipper looks the man up and down from the safety of Derek's shadow, he liked people who grew food. They normally had lots of things to eat.

[roll0]
 

Advertisement

Top