5E EB's KotB: (Group 1) Courage of the Lions

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Aurelius mumbles, "We're here to kill the beast, if its attracted to noise, then noise we shall make.
A good distance from you all, however."
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"Seen it? Yes, yes the thing has been hounding us for almost a tenday now." one of the men whispers to the bard. "It always..."

"We're here to kill the beast, if its attracted to noise, then noise we shall make.
A good distance from you all, however."
All the men wince at the loud outburst, and as the silence grows you notice them looking everywhere and grip their woodaxes tighter.

"Shhh...."

OOC: So plan making time. You learn from the loggers that chopping at the trees draws the creature to the area.
 
Last edited:

Skarsgard

Explorer
Slipper watches the nervous men carefully, obviously this creature wasn't all knowing as the men in front of him were clearly alive. Glancing at the larger, armoured individuals in his group he shifted away twenty paces to give himself some breathing room and looked for a sturdy tree.

He quickly scampered up it, his bow across his back and nestled comfortably between several large branches. Taking down his bow, he waited.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Aurelius whispers "I think we should find a nice spot and try chopping some trees ourself to draw it out. It's not like I don't know anmything about swinging an axe."
 

TallIan

Explorer
Rorik

"That seems to be a good plan for a swift ending to this. These men look as though they could use a rest." Turning to the woodcutters he added, louder than they would like, "May we borrow some axes - then we'll go over there and make some noise."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"An excellent idea. How far away shall we go?" Lindrel asks. "I'll stand a bit away as well as might strengths do not lie in fighting large beasts."
 

EarlyBird

Villager
The lumber jacks hand Rorik and Aurelius each a woodcutter's axe before moving slowly away from the forest.

OOC: Please give me your location on the map below.


[sblock=Map]
landshark_00.jpg[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Lindrel points toward I10 and N8. "Those who can swing an ax should probably work there and there while the rest of us surround the area. This way the bulette can only surprise one of us at a time." She moves over to G17 and leans against that tree. "Someone else should move up that way (the north corridor). So they can reach whoever stands there (N8) quickly. Unless someone has a better idea?"
 

tglassy

Explorer
Derek moves to the middle of the open field (L12), and draws his sword and battle axe. Holding them loosely in each hand, he waits, bouncing on his toes.

(Going to continually use the Dodge Action until the monster appears.)
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Aurelius and Rorick start to chop at the trees after the other are in place.

*chop* *chop* *chop*

*chop* *chop* *chop*


After fifteen or twenty minutes the monotonous sounds of chopping are broken by the falling of the trees. They both crash to the ground and the group stands silent for a moment.

*rumble* *rumble*

The ground vibrates beneath your feet (or through the branches @Slipper) and the sound of tumbling earth starts to draw near. Casting about Derek points with his axe at the sight of a large grey fin breaking through the dirt. "Monster ho!"

OOC: Round 1: Party is up. Monster has three quarters cover +5AC


[sblock=Map]
landshark_01.jpg[/sblock]
 

Skarsgard

Explorer
As the creature crests the surface, Slipper looses his arrow. Now that the creature was finally here, he got to see how big it really was.

He gulps as the arrow slices through the air.

[sblock=actions]

Does slipper count as having advantage?

[roll0]
[roll1] <<< if it applies

[roll2] <<<piercing
[roll3]

[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Lindrel fires her hand crossbow and misses.

OOC: Attack [roll0] -5 ab, sharpshooter also ignore penalties for cover
Damage [roll1] +10 damage, sharpshooter
 

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: Quick question on how you work out diagonal movement, then I'll edit this post to make the appropriate attack. Can Rorik get S14? If so, he'll attack melee, otherwise he'll use his ranged options.

Also, any chance someone can get Faery Fire on him?
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
[sblock=Movement] 5e got rid of the 5' then 10' then 5' etc. rule so each square is 5' I guess they went to the keep it simple options and wil play it that way. Try not to houserule to much as then I need to remember what rules are for which game.[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Rorik

Monster Ho! hears Rorik. He whips his head around to find it. As soon as he spots it he starts running towards it, dropping his borrowed axe. "One of you proper mages make it sparkle!" he shouts, quickly closing the distance. He raises he empty hands high then brings his greatsword down in a crashing blow that barely scratched the creature but left Rorik off balance for a second swing.

OOC:
By "sparkle" I mean Farie Fire
5e got rid of the 5' then 10' then 5' etc. rule so each square is 5' I guess they went to the keep it simple options and wil play it that way. Try not to houserule to much as then I need to remember what rules are for which game.
That's true, I find that a lot of DM's still use it - I guess its a "It's always been that way" rule, like critical fails


[SBLOCK=Actions and rolls]
Move: S14
Bonus Action: Summon bonded weapon
Actions: Attack: Rorik attack and damage: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25
2D6+4 = [1, 2]+4 = 7
1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15
2D6+4 = [5, 4]+4 = 13
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]Passive Perception:
AC: 17
Initiative: -1
HP: 40/40 HD: 5/5d10

Offense:
Greatsword: +7 5ft 2d6+4S (Heavy, 2 handed)
Shortsword: +7 5ft 1d6+4P (Finesse, Light)
Handaxe: +7 5ft 1d6+4S (Light, Thrown)
Handaxe: +7 20/60 1d6+4S (Light, Thrown)
Spell Save DC: 12

Second Wind (S): 1/1
Action Surge (S): 1/1

0th: Frostbite, Greenflame Blade
1st: 3/3 Absorb Elements, Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Protection From Good and Evil[/SBLOCK]
 

Advertisement

Top