D&D 5E EB's One Shot - Irongrad (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ssz'irac looks at Bilkar disgustedly for a moment, before regaining his friendly but somewhat aloof demeanor.

"I'm not hungry," the drow says before adding, "But bring the meat. I might need a snack later. Or a distraction..."

Realizing he has not spoken to the gnome much, Ssz'irac decides to find out more about the almost feral creature.

"Bilkar, that is your name, right? Where did you come from? Are there others like you? And have you encountered birds like this before?"

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar smiles and returns to cutting meat from the bird and speaks quite casually while doing it. It's obvious to lost listening that he fully believes everything he is saying.

"Bilkar was squirrel. Bilkar is Gnome." He stops for a moment before continuing. "Bilkar miss tail. Birds Lumberjack beak after those that cut trees. Not see much but Bilkar knows taste like chicken. Not like much but fills belly. Eat soon or make poop too much."

He lifts his head and looks around a bit before motioning towards a forested area off in the distance and scratching his head. As he starts speaking he gets back to cutting. "That Bilkars forest. More squirrels. More Gnomes. No more Bilkars"

Last edited:

JustinCase

Ssz'irac stands with his mouth ajar, not having a clue what to say to that. He looks at Zuleyka with wide eyes, clearly at a loss for words, before returning his gaze to the squirrel-gnome.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
w0idjp.jpg

Eastern Cormyr
Afternoon
Round 0

The gnome hugged Zuleyka’s leg.

“Ugh. It touched me!” she said to Ssz’irac. “Did it hump my leg?” She pulled a face and checked her leathers for any disgusting stains besides the blood of these strange beasts.

Zuleyka pulled a face at the smell of burned feathers as Bilkar started to butcher one of the creatures, and Ssz’irac struck up a conversation.

When Ssz’irac stared at her, Zuleyka chuckled. “You were the one that tried to talk to it,” she pointed out. “This looks like it could take a while. Why don’t we have a rest?” she suggested, moving away a bit -- and upwind from the butchering -- and settling into the grass. She pulled out her waterskin. At least that blasted sun was behind the clouds!

OOC: I figure butchering and preparing for transport would take about an hour, so we might as well short rest? I don’t need HD, but Arcane Recovery gets me a spell slot back.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)
[/sblock]

JustinCase

Ssz’rac shakes his head, then decides to gather as much of the ball bearings as possible and place them back in the pouch. He then waits for everyone to move.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar removes the breast of the bird, cutting his fingers a couple times as he gets distracted by their glow before deciding that the rest of the meat is likely going to cause more pain than it is worth. He uses some grass to wipe the blood off, and puts things away.

"Bilkar not see night Elf before. Zukeyka and Ssz'irac mates? Come from far away? Make pack here?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: I will let @tglassy roll his HD I do believe he will be spending it.
After a short rest...
Alberich HP: 09/11
Zuleyka HP:7/7
Bilkar HP 7/9
Ssz'irac HP:5/9

After the group (umm...) regroups, they head out once more for Irongrad.

7c9168911eac5a8e919b42d2d3890470--character-art-character-design.jpg

It isn't a hard place to find...

OOC: Read Aloud:
The group finds a huge statue of black stone atop a grassy knoll. Time has worn away most of the warriors face, and has also erased its origin from living memory and lore. A heavy 11 foot square of the same black stone lies in the grass at the statues feet. The slab sits askew revealing a circular staircase leading down. An amber glow (like what covers the gnome) emanates from below.

OOC: What do you do? Also marching order PLZ

Last edited:

Remove ads