D&D 5E EB's Storm King's Thunder - IC

"Right," Darian says as he too steps out from the building and toward the inn, weapons low. "A drink sounds like an excellent idea. We were hoping to meet a friend here when all we found were some goblin looters."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Good tameetcha, Holkin. Name's Halruhk. Warn yer boys that I got some buddies out there searchin' the town. We're all on the same side here, not bein' goblins an' all. We wouldn't want any missunnerstandings." Hakruhk said, looking forward to his drink.

tglassy

Adventurer
“I’m just helping,” Buddy says, raising his hand. “That’s what I do. I help. Because I’m helpful. Isn’t that right, Little Buddy. Yep. Just a helpful guy giving a helping hand to anyone that needs help,”

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Wilhelm hesitates. Unsure of Holkin's intentions, the young warlock fears a trap in the inn, but if it is, he can't just let Halruhk and Buddy go in alone!

Then Darian and Searinox step forward, and Wilhelm is relieved. He is about to step out as well, when he realises that Fareon is still hidden. With a nod to himself, Wilhelm decides to stay out of sight as well, at least until he knows what the gang is up to.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Inside the Inn:

Working his way behind the bar Holkin is putting glasses on the top if it while looking for something to fill them with as Halrukh, Buddy, Darian, and Searinox walk in. His two henchmen stand on opposite ends of the bar their arms fold across their chests.

As Devana enters with Searinox the cats hackles rise at the sight of the serpent around the half-elf's neck. "This won't do." Holkin says finding a whiskey bottle and opening it. "Jocca go outside for now. That's a good serpent, go on."

The group watches as the flying snake exits through the hole in the ceiling, Devana watching the most closest of all. As they turn back to the half-elf he nods to the large boulder in the middle of the room. "Anyone have an ideal what went on here? And is that a bear??"

Two of the riders have taken up guard stations at the two towers at the front gate. The drawbridge has been raised.

While the last two have taken the seven horses inside the stables.

OOC: Tell me where you would like to be hidden - and then roll a Perception check if you wish to try and overhear the riders.

"I've been wondering that myself," Darian says. "We arrived about an hour before you did. Town had some goblins wondering around and those giant spiders. We've killed most of them. But where all these boulders came from? No idea. Probably giants since I don't see any ruts and grooves of siege equipment."

tglassy

Adventurer
"Of course it's a bear," Buddy says, lifting Little Buddy out of his pack and cradling him. "We found him, and he's my pal. Say 'Hi', Little Buddy," he waves Little Buddy's paw at them.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
When he sees that the remaining riders have their attention occupied elsewhere, Wilhelm decides to dash to the other building, where he last saw Fareon. He wants to discuss tactics with his friend.

Conjuring the image of a barrel behind the farmhouse, the young warlock hides behind it and peers through the illusion towards the inn.

"Fareon," he whispers, unsure if the halfling is nearby. "What are we going to do?"

OOC: Moving to behind building 9, hopefully reaching Fareon without being noticed. Rolling Stealth with advantage because the riders are occupied: [roll0] [roll1]
Casting cantrip Minor Illusion to conjure the image of a barrel. Because Wilhelm obviously knows it's an illusion, he can see through it. Perception: [roll2]

Remove ads