D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Rana opened her mouth for no doubt some sort of pithy reply to Rebekah's comments. Before she could though, Zanword was speaking.

Afterwards, the witch in question blinked a few times at Zanword of the black pearl... “My *gods*, boy. You’re about as subtle as a kick to the groin aren’t you?”

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I was thinking it, but thought it was too much for grateful kid to say. But yes, 'only evil in MY swamp is my evil'. Even if she is the good witch

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Previously
Silence followed, the witch's gaze seemingly gaining weight with each passing beat...
Then : “Rana will be here when you’re ready, child.” Or maybe she won’t, remained unspoken. An annoyed flick of a bony hand, from out the pile of covers. “Now go back to bed. You shouldn’t even be awake.” That last mumbled under her breath.

In the long quiet that followed, Aridha heard: “Stubborn. So stubborn,” and then nothing more...

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

Hommlet/Inn of the Welcome Wench
25 Goodmonth
7:48 AM
Round 0

Emmyer glanced warily at Hexeiros as he approached with a plate of food. He looked over to Lady Rebekah. The dragon-man had a point, however.

“Thank’ee,” he muttered, moving away from the door, but not to the table, standing at the sideboard slightly behind Lady Rebekah so he wouldn’t disturb her as he stood and ate, still ready if she needed him.

“Me duty is t’ milady,” Emmyr said when Zanword started discussing dealing with these bandits. “I gae where she tells me.”

He took a sip of ale, trying not to slurp too much like an uncouth lout, though he had little practice for manners.

[sblock=Party Loot]
16 sp
10 cp
Blue quartz, 10 gp
[/sblock]

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 23/23 HD: 2/2d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+2 hp
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton eyed Aridha dangerously as she hogged the ham. He almost tried to snatch some away off her plate but his attempt was easily thwarted. The ever-ravenous ratcatcher finished his plate by picking it up and giving it three long licks. He was still a bit hungry, but fortunately he had his own "special stash" of critters he had caught along the way. The chipmunk he had been carrying in his pocket for the past two days should almost be "ripe".

EarlyBird

Explorer
25th Goodmonth 579 CY
Hommlet/Inn of the Welcome Wench
8:01am

There's a knock on the room's door, and after a brief conversation at it, Hexiros lets in an old man wearing what looks like his Sunday's best. He removes his broad brimmed hat and moves to stand before Rebekah.

c9226860be47657b07fd7136f2419849--cowboy-art-male-portraits.jpg "Greetings mi'lady my name...my name is Hevar Wills." He says looking down through most of the exchange fidgeting with the hat in his hand. He glances up and receives a warm smile from Rebekah, which causes him to stand a bit straighter.

"I work the lands north of here," Hevar continues, with a little more assurance in his voice. "I came into town for Godsday, and I was going to take and pray to St. Cuthbert for help with my troubles. But instead I found myself here, at the Inn I mean."

A gruff grunt from Emmyr gets wide eyes from the man, and he realizes he should get to the point, nobles time being more important than a farmers.

"Well my daughter she is getting married the 21st of next month. And I was hoping to give her a deklo chest, like the one her mother had, for a wedding gift. I know it would please her no end, she..." Emmyr folds his arms.

"Uh... Well the deklo grove is in the Westwoods. And the woodcutter he says it isn't safe to enter to deep into the trees, much less all the way to the grove anymore due to the monsters that now lair their. I heard one of your men say they were an adventurer and I saw the weapons the dragonman carried."
He pauses for a breath. "Well I thought maybe I could hire your men to clear out the monsters in the woods. I don't have much in the way of money, but I do have this."

He lays a fine silver chain on the table. The attached locket is simple and the silver oval is lined with pearl. "It was my wife's," he says sadly, and you know deep down that his wife has passed on.

[sblock=Side Quest]
This is a side quest based off the video game in case you ever played.
Insight: DC0 not lying just a man who wants to give his daughter a special gift.
Up to the group if/when you tackle a side quest. They will give you more than just XP/Treasure in the way of reward.
Will link this post in the RG.
Passive Appraisal on locket = 200gp[/sblock]

River Song

Explorer
Rebekah only briefly glanced at the necklace before returning her gaze to the man. To give away such a princely gift; either the man was a fool or loved his daughter very much. On second thoughts, both meant the same thing.

"Master Wills," she placed her hands in her lap, affecting a look of demure solicitousness; but really to stop her hands from involuntarily twitching with the necklace in easy reach. "Unfortunately, my companions and are already embarked on a venture of our own." she tapped one manicured nail to her perfectly white teeth. "However, we may be able to help you. As a young woman myself I can only be moved by your regard and devotion for your daughters happiness. Indeed, I can only pray that when such a happy time comes for me, my own father is half and considerate as you are."

She smiled warmly, "But I beg of you, please retire for a moment and allow my companions and I to discuss this grave matter."

After Hever leaves the room. "Well my dear friends, it seems we have been gifted an opportunity to acquire come capital before we head out for the swamps. I for one, would relish the opportunity to help this fine man out. "

Shayuri

First Post
"Then why'dya send him away?" Aridha wants to know as she finishes her ham after glaring at Templeton. "We dinna even know what kind of monsters he's talkin' about."

EarlyBird

Explorer
Hevar gives the Lady Rebekah a huge smile and a bob of his head in an unpracticed bow and leaves. As he passes Hexiros at the door, his eyes widen at the dragonborn's smile. The rows of sharp teeth don't make the gesture as friendly as the warrior thinks.

Once again the companions are alone in the private room with breakfast still laid out before them. (minus all the ham which Aridha has devoured)

River Song

Explorer
"Then why'dya send him away?" Aridha wants to know as she finishes her ham after glaring at Templeton. "We dinna even know what kind of monsters he's talkin' about."

"Well my dear, it would simply be bad manners to discuss the situation in front of him. Some of our companions can be somewhat blunt and I like the dear man and would hate for him to be offended." Rebekah smiles to herself, yes some.

Remove ads