D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"If we do it, we should do it properly. We talk to the woodcutter and miller and whoever else has the problem. And we clear the forest or come to some understanding with its residents. Just taking some wood will leave the locals with the same problem for the next wedding. And woodcutters children may go hungry in between. Trust me when I say it's not fun."

Zanword will wait for Rebecca or Rana to dismiss the man before continuing.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
“Umph. You’re assuming we have the power to ‘do it properly’, boy,“ pointed out Rana with just a trace of grudging admiration. Ah, youth. “What we should do is do the task and *then* dream of bigger things.” She shifted to a less uncomfortable position in her chair, her old bones complaining. “For all we know, getting *one* tree out of that grove is a deed worthy of songs your grandchildren will still be singing.” Her gaze then etched a line in the air between Zanword and Aridha, repeatedly so, making it quite plain whose grandchildren she was presently contemplating...

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha rolled her eyes dramatically, her cheeks pinkening a little under the spatters of freckles.

"Lets jes' go tae the damn woods and see what's there? Can't be worse than listenin' to yeh talk about grandchildren!"

EarlyBird

Explorer
“How much wood do you need?” added Rana after the dirty boy had gotten his answer. (*Not* her main area of concern, but since they were there...).

c9226860be47657b07fd7136f2419849--cowboy-art-male-portraits.jpg "Uh... I'm not sure," Hevar answers perplexed and a bit excited that the party will take on his job offer. "The carpenter would know. He is going to build the chest for me, just please don't let Vel know about her gift."

River Song

Explorer
Rebekah watched the exchange with some amusement, the poor man was no doubt befuddled by the interaction of this odd group. Looking about with a air of detachment, Rebekah thought that everyone could do with a good wash; for a start and the hair goodness gracious there were some wild assortments.

"Needs must," she murmured into her cup. Aloud, "While I am sure the details are fascinating to my companions, it would seem good sir, from their questions that we will undertake this venture. Now I must beg forgiveness and retire for I have absolutely nothing appropriate to wear for such an occasion."

Standing she inclines her head to Emmyr, "Master Anvilforge here will represent my interests in this conversation,
he has my utmost confidence. Good morning to you all."

With a flourish of her burgundy dress she exits the room, she has some shopping to do!

hero4hire

Explorer
Rebekah watched the exchange with some amusement, the poor man was no doubt befuddled by the interaction of this odd group. Looking about with a air of detachment, Rebekah thought that everyone could do with a good wash; for a start and the hair goodness gracious there were some wild assortments.

"Needs must," she murmured into her cup. Aloud, "While I am sure the details are fascinating to my companions, it would seem good sir, from their questions that we will undertake this venture. Now I must beg forgiveness and retire for I have absolutely nothing appropriate to wear for such an occasion."

Standing she inclines her head to Emmyr, "Master Anvilforge here will represent my interests in this conversation,
he has my utmost confidence. Good morning to you all."

With a flourish of her burgundy dress she exits the room, she has some shopping to do!
Templeton took a deep breath after Rebekah left. "Oi! Praise Cuthbert she left. A bit too much perfume on that one eh?" He said, emphasizing his statement by waving his hand under his nose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Rana just cackled from her chair, hands atop her cane.

“This will be good practice for us as a group,” the witch added once she’d calmed, casually laying down her cards, world-weary gaze on Rebekah...

"Uh... I'm not sure," Hevar answers perplexed and a bit excited that the party will take on his job offer. "The carpenter would know. He is going to build the chest for me, just please don't let Vel know about her gift."
“You go and ask him that then, goodman Wills. Then come back to us with that knowledge,” directed Rana with a slightly displeased expression. She’d gotten quite past the age where running other people’s errands for them was an attractive prospect. “And if you spot this ‘Tarim the Woodsman’ you mentioned, please tell him we wish to see him.”

She breathed in, then hesitated for a beat, grimacing her reluctance....

This was unlikely to end well for them, but... “Why not give the child your wife’s chest as a wedding present instead?” she asked in a softer tone. “She’ll likely be just as happy with it.”

EarlyBird

Explorer
c9226860be47657b07fd7136f2419849--cowboy-art-male-portraits.jpg The old farmer sighs as he walks to hold open the door for Rebekah. "I wish now that I hadn't sent it along with most of Martha's other belongs, to her sister in Etterboek. She sold it not long ago." he answers in reply to Rana's question. "The locket was all I had left."

Assuring everyone he will be back with the information about the lumber needed from the carpenter, and will try and convince Tarim to return with him, Hevar takes his leave following Rebekah out the door.

[sblock=River Song] Need to know what you take for barter, so just post a quick rummage through your room/chest and I'll have a post for you afterward. Remember Rebekah has no coin on her person at the moment.[/sblock]

Remove ads