Echo is damn good, like almost too good for Marvel

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
From what I understand, the comic version has a very different power-set, being more like Taskmaster. That's sufficiently specialized they probably didn't want two MCU characters with it (though its probable besides the specific broader power, she has a personal one that may not be too far from that--after all, each of her ancestresses seemed to have a specific trick, too.)

Yeah photographic reflexes - comic book Echo is able to duplicate any physical action that she sees and is thus a highly accomplished ballerina, pianist, artist, martial artist and marksman, She's also Cheyene in the comics rather than Choctaw, so I'm not entirely sure why they changed that except that the cultural elements in the comics aren't well executed.

I liked that they changed from duplicating others to 'echoing' her ancestors, it was a nice, corny twist that let them expand the story and bring more culture to the fore.

MarkB

Legend
I'm very glad of this thread - based on the trailers, the fact that it was a relatively minor spin-off character, and the general quality of Marvel TV series of late, I was going to give this one a miss. I'm happy that I didn't - it was very much not what I expected.

Jahydin

Hero
Tried it, couldn't get past the first episode.

Lead just didn't click with me at all. Wish they stuck closer to the comic.

To be fair though, I didn't really care for the Netflix Marvel shows either and that's what this reminds me of.

Binged it over the weekend.
I really enjoyed it.

Also, I thought this was funny…

IMG_2222.jpeg

aco175

Legend
I watched it this past weekend and thought it was fine, not great. I keep coming away with the show telling me that Native Americans are space alien, Krull-looking shapeshifters.

Ryujin

Legend
I watched it this past weekend and thought it was fine, not great. I keep coming away with the show telling me that Native Americans are space alien, Krull-looking shapeshifters.
There are many Native American myths that involve tricksters and shape shifters.

Remove ads