• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Echoes of Empire OOC

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Psst:I really didn't mind the broke thing, I was just being silly..and in that vein.
Man, that 30GP hunk of bread rocks!!!!
:D
I actually had a lot of fun with only a few GP to start. I bought all sorts of stupid stuff...and some moldy bread and mystery meat.
Hey, Mystery Meat should be half cost of 'hunk of meat'...:D

Ew..it could be Dwarf...on second thoughts, I'll stick with the Hunk of Meat'.

Mmm...pops a Selandara Truffle into his greedy little snouted mouth. (Mmrrf,chomp,urrf,smack)
Anyone tries to get my candy dies a slow and painful death...Can I change my Favored Enemy to 'Whatever Beotch tries for my Candies'?
That would be Sweet (no pun intended) ...

Kamard

First Post
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:

Anyone tries to get my candy dies a slow and painful death...Can I change my Favored Enemy to 'Whatever Beotch tries for my Candies'?
That would be Sweet (no pun intended) ...

Hmm, lets see, how bout...

NO.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Kamard

First Post
Eshrin-

Would you mind terribly if I altered the paladin class for this world?

Where we aren't using alignments, it seems like it would make sense to give you something different rather than the detect evil class ability. So I want you to pick one of the following, and all paladins will get it from now on rather than the detect evil:

detect undead @ will, or
lay on hands as if your level was 2 higher.
-

When it comes time to get Smite Evil, I think I would like to switch that out for Remove Fear 1/day, + 1 use per day @ 5th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, and 20th levels.
-

When you are high enough level get a paladin's mount, we can talk about replacing it with something more character appropriate, unless you want the mount.

Do those sound all right with you, or would you rather do something different? I am open to suggestions, even if the suggestion is "keep it like it is". :)

Kamard said:
Eshrin-

Would you mind terribly if I altered the paladin class for this world?

Where we aren't using alignments, it seems like it would make sense to give you something different rather than the detect evil class ability. So I want you to pick one of the following, and all paladins will get it from now on rather than the detect evil:

detect undead @ will, or
lay on hands as if your level was 2 higher.
-

When it comes time to get Smite Evil, I think I would like to switch that out for Remove Fear 1/day, + 1 use per day @ 5th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, and 20th levels.
-

When you are high enough level get a paladin's mount, we can talk about replacing it with something more character appropriate, unless you want the mount.

Do those sound all right with you, or would you rather do something different? I am open to suggestions, even if the suggestion is "keep it like it is". :)

Good point on the detect evil. Changeing it to detect undead would probably work although it's not as useful as detect evil.

Here's what i'd suggest, drop detect evil, and enhance the lay on hands. I think as two level higher might be a bit much, I'd go cha mod +1 times paladin level instead.

As to looseing Smite evil, that'd hurt big time, especially if all your getting is some extra times to remove fear. How offten does that really come up in the run of a day?

I'd suggest just changing smite evil to smite infidel.

I'm not terribly worried about the mount thing, i like it, but not having it really wouldn't bug me at all.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:

I'd suggest just changing smite evil to smite infidel.

I'm not terribly worried about the mount thing, i like it, but not having it really wouldn't bug me at all.

I think smite Undead or outsider might be better.

Kamard

First Post
I don't want to make paladins all about undead, either.

Smite Infidel will work, I suppose. Its a bit more powerful than smite evil (sometimes), but thats ok.

Lay on Hands: If you want to work it as Cha +1 x Level, thats fine... working it as level +2 is actually only slightly more powerful at lower levels- it winds up being weaker in the long run.

Example: A paladin with 14 CHA at 1st-6th level.

CHA +1 variant: +3 x 1-6 = 3 /6 /9 /12 /15 /18 hp

Level +2 variant: +2 x 3-8= 6 /8 /10 /12 /14 /16 hp

So knowing this, its up to you on which way you want to go, CHA +1 or Level +2. I actually think I prefer CHA +1, just because then even average paladins get a bit of lay on hands.

Now, would you like to keep the warhorse, or try to find something to take its place, or wait to find out? We could replace it with a bonus feat.

Edit: Added some sentences.

Last edited:

I think i like the +1 charisma a little better too.

Now, would you like to keep the warhorse, or try to find something to take its place, or wait to find out? We could replace it with a bonus feat.

I'd prefure to try and pick an alternate to the warhorse over a bonus feat.

I'm pretty sure the topic is addressed in Defenders of the faith, IIRC.

Kamard

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:
I think i like the +1 charisma a little better too.

Well, okeedokee, we'll go with it that way.

As for Defenders of the Faith:

It may very well be, I will go ahead and check that out. I just don't see your skaven paladin riding a warhorse! :) We've got quite a while before it comes up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads