• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Nope, I think it's just Karl and Arthur now. And the driver. The other PC's have run off, chasing the wizard impostor.

So... is Arthur staying with the pie and the driver, 100' away, while Karl advances to greet the large man, head on? I thought, like epicbob, that you were gonna try to flank him? What's the plan?

epicbob

Explorer
OOC: If I understand this well, Karl will confront the man while Arthur and the driver hang back. If a path clears up, Arthur and the driver charge through.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
cue western gunfighter style music in background.

OOC: that sounds like the plan, now that I have my facts right!!

Karl sees the club on the very large man and places his hand on his own club. He nods in greeting as he approaches and smiles.

stopping 10 feet away he says, "good day sir. Might I request that we pass unhindered?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
At this distance, Karl can tell that this man is more than just tall and wide, he's large. He's one of the biggest men Karl has ever seen. In fact, he's not even a man, per se, he's a half-giant.

The half-giant replies in a low, booming voice, "Aye, you might request that. And I might grant it." There's a pregnant pause. The barest hint of a smile twitches at the corners of his mouth. Then he finishes with the words you knew were coming. "But only if I might get a bite of that pie, of course."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The half-giant blinks, "Indeed, the pie is special. That is why I desire it." A pause, and then, "I am not married. I do not see how my romantic life is relevant." The hint of a smile is gone from the corners of his mouth, replaced now with the hint of a frown.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Oh. I was merely going to suggest how opposed you would be if someone were to want to take from a gift from you to your spouse. This is after all a gift from a gentleman to his wife."

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur searches through his memory for anything he might know about the bulky humanoid blocking their path.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Karl knows a bit more than common knowledge about half-giants. As far as having seen this particular half-giant before, Karl can't recall ever having seen him.

The huge fellow's eyes narrow at Karl's plea. "If I desired to give my spouse a gift, I would deliver it to her, and I would see that it reached her. For whom this pie was made is known. All I desire is a bite. Give me what I desire, and we will have no quarrel."

It appears that Karl's words have not moved the giant.

Remove ads