• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Elements in a new official setting

Which Elements in a new official setting would you like to see?

• Herioc Fantasy

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Sword and Sorcery

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • Epic/Noble Fantasy

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Mythic Fantasy

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Dark Fantasy

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Intrigue

• Mystery

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Swashbuckling

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • War

• Wuxia

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Low Magic

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Base Magic

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • High Magic

• Super High Magic

• Industrial

• Modern

• Future/Space

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Stone Age

• Classical

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Martial Tilted

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Arcane Tilted

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Divine Tilited

• Tilted to another "power source"

• Bright Fantasy

• Grim Fantasy

• Urban Fantasy

• Cultural Fantasy

• Planar Fantasy

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Grounded Fantasy

• Poll closed .

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
look as far as I can tell finding men sex makes little sense, it would be like finding an explosive oil drum sexy, and I have yet to find a way to think of someone as sexy without dehumanising them into meat, maybe it simply can't be done?

ph0rk

Friendship is Magic, and Magic is Heresy.
Actually, I'm changing my vote. Swords and Sorcery is already too popular. Low Magic for me.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
look as far as I can tell finding men sex makes little sense, it would be like finding an explosive oil drum sexy, and I have yet to find a way to think of someone as sexy without dehumanising them into meat, maybe it simply can't be done?
Part of the symmetry is.

If men find problematic the way men are being depicted, it is probably a sign that the way women are being depicted is equally problematic.

ph0rk

Friendship is Magic, and Magic is Heresy.
sounds like you want darksun but with less magic or psionics?
That would be fine with me, though it doesn't specifically have to be Darksun - or have dragons in it.

Some grit would be nice, though - and no, I don't think Van Richten's supplied enough.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Part of the symmetry is.

If men find problematic the way men are being depicted, it is probably a sign that the way women are being depicted is equally problematic.
as far as I can tell the problem is the lack of symmetry, we do not find people looking at other men like that harmful nor have many of us ever been looked at like we are bits of meat or things to conquer that is part of the problem.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
as far as I can tell the problem is the lack of symmetry, we do not find people looking at other men like that harmful nor have many of us ever been looked at like we are bits of meat or things to conquer that is part of the problem.
Heh, if you want to work with stereotypes. Men go for sex appeal, women go for success appeal.

If a woman is looking at a mans wallet, not at the man, that can feel dehumanizing.

Last edited:

The ones up to Super High Magic is in the DMG.
And not surprisingly, I didn't tick any votes for options below that because it would be pure speculation as to what I was supposedly voting for. E.g., choosing "future/space". Since I ASSUME this is for a D&D setting, am I voting for mixing fantasy with magical-as-technology, star wars-ish sci-fi, or just something like Spelljammer? Or is this a suggestion for creating a sci-fi setting for use with modified D&D rules INSTEAD of a fantasy setting that is otherwise btb? I can vote for what -I- think it means, but that isn't going to necessarily be what anyone else thinks it means.

Remove ads