Elite: Year One - Issue #1

Mimic

First Post
"Of course were friends," she says giving him a reasurring smile although she wasn't certain where this was going but pretty sure she wasn't going to like it.

Once he finished talking she was certain she didn't like this but what could she do he was asking for help and she didn't want Jennifer to get hurt.

"First you should decide whether you want to break up with her or not, Jennifer is really cool and you would be losing a lot if you did break up with her." She tells him after a pause

"But if you really want to then you should just be honest with her, she would be hurt but it would be better to hear it from you then learn it from someone else. Why do you think you want to break up with her anyways? Couldn't you just have a talk with her and tell her what's bugging you?"

Last edited:

Synchronicity

First Post
Christopher Jones

Tokiwong said:
Christopher Jones

“Alright, then I will just chalk this up to bad luck,” Mike replies with a sigh.

“Oh and you have a visit from a persistent woman, she has been waiting since you were supposed to arrive, says her name is Vera Lopez and she represents BioGen; I hope she hasn’t come to snatch you away from us,” Mike adds with no show of mirth.

Chris frowns at the mention of the woman. "Vera Lopez? Never heard of her. Hey, don't worry about me getting headhunted! I mean, what could they offer me? VanDyne already pays me a *very* generous salary, and I enjoy the work I do here."
'Though the timing seems ominous. I wonder what this is really about?'
Changing his plans in the light of Mike's words, Chris heads for wherever this woman is waiting, hoping to deal with her quickly so he can get on with his work.

Rybaer

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“Well Dr. Stockov, is putting together a team for the United nations to investigate this “super power” phenomenon, and I got us a ticket on that team. Course we may have to put aside our current work, but I smell some awards and definite breakthroughs on this,” he replies.

He sighs, “It is a shame though, I was really thinking we were making some headway, those last tests you were doing were… they were on the right rack, I think. But we have to think of this as a spring board. Although we may have to relocate…”

"Never thought I'd be doing research for the UN," Gordon says. "Still, I'm game for trying my hand at something different. In spite of your optimism regarding my latest experiments, I feel like I'm getting burned out. A change of pace could be just the breath of fresh air I need.

"Any idea of where we'd have to relocate? Or how soon?"

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
At about one in the morning he finds himself making his way back to his home. When he arrives there are two messages waiting for him on his voicemail/answering machine…

The first is from his father, the second is from a Dr. Hudabo.
Jan stared at the phone a bit accusingly for a few moments. He hated phones. Loud obnoxious inventions that immediately demanded anyone in hearing range drop whatever they were doing and give over all their attention, Jan's Euro-British upbringing insisted that only an American could have thought them up. Even with the ringer always off, Jan still didn't much care for the thing. If not for Oxford dons proving incapable of operating a computer, he would have abandoned it entirely for email long ago. He flatly refused to get a mobile.

Well I suppose... Jan ordered up his father's message and divested himself of backpack and coat while the machine read off the date and time in its canned voice, amusing himself by matching its intonation and offering a rough Old English translation. If the machine spoke that, he might not mind so much having it around.

Tokiwong

First Post
Synchronicity said:
Chris frowns at the mention of the woman. "Vera Lopez? Never heard of her. Hey, don't worry about me getting headhunted! I mean, what could they offer me? VanDyne already pays me a *very* generous salary, and I enjoy the work I do here."
'Though the timing seems ominous. I wonder what this is really about?'
Changing his plans in the light of Mike's words, Chris heads for wherever this woman is waiting, hoping to deal with her quickly so he can get on with his work.

Vera Lopez is the perfect picture of an attractive Latin woman. She has raven black hair pulled into a perfect tight bun. Her eyes are just the right shade of brown, and her skin is smooth, perfect, and swarthy. The glasses she wears are stylish, yet business-like and thin. She stands once Chris enters the room, and greets him, “You must be Christopher Jones, I am Vera Lopez, please call me Vera. I represent the R&D staff at BioGen.”

“I apologize for not using the proper channels with the coming changes for both VanDyne and BioGen things will get a little hectic around her,” she says, “I hope I am not cutting into your busy work schedule?”

Jan

The first message from father is well similar to the rest he leaves with many adulations for Jan’s latest appearance in the news. Some questions on how he is doing, and then a healthy dose of political rhetoric and what Jan should be doing with his newfound abilities, to help the cause…

The second message is about to start, when the power goes out with a satisfying zap.

Jason

Charles follows Jason, “A guardian will be provided for your brother,” he places a hand on Jason’s shoulder, “But if anyone asks, all you can say is that you are being activated for a military commitment at this point in time the JTFA is still trying to keep any press coverage low.”

“We have ways of keeping anything a secret, Jason. Anything,” Charles adds as the two continue on to see Mr. Maynard.

He is by his truck at a table overlooking the plans and handing out assignments to the crew as he sees the two old friends approach. He looks at the construction worker curiously, “Jason, you finished already?”

Samantha

Todd sighs, “It isn’t that easy though,” he looks into Sam’s eyes, “because how do you tell your girlfriend you are in love with her best friend,” he says as if took great strength to muster the words.

Gordon

David shrugs, “I heard Barcelona being tossed around but nothing is final. Anything can happen, look we just have to stay flexible, talk it over with your wife, and figure out if you want to do this. I really want you onboard but I understand if you can’t.”

He spins the racquet in his palm, “Speaking of which, how is the old ball and chain?”

Mimic

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Todd sighs, “It isn’t that easy though,” he looks into Sam’s eyes, “because how do you tell your girlfriend you are in love with her best friend,” he says as if took great strength to muster the words.

For the first second or so Samantha thinks that it's a joke, but as she studies his face she realises that he is very serious, her face drops into a look of complete and utter shock.

"You... I... your... in love with with me?" She stammers out, looking quickly towards Jennifer's house to see if she is comming out.

Tokiwong

First Post
Mimic said:
For the first second or so Samantha thinks that it's a joke, but as she studies his face she realises that he is very serious, her face drops into a look of complete and utter shock.

"You... I... your... in love with with me?" She stammers out, looking quickly towards Jennifer's house to see if she is comming out.
Todd looks over as well, "Yeah, why is that so surprising?"

Synchronicity

First Post
Christopher Jones

Tokiwong said:
Vera Lopez is the perfect picture of an attractive Latin woman. She has raven black hair pulled into a perfect tight bun. Her eyes are just the right shade of brown, and her skin is smooth, perfect, and swarthy. The glasses she wears are stylish, yet business-like and thin. She stands once Chris enters the room, and greets him, “You must be Christopher Jones, I am Vera Lopez, please call me Vera. I represent the R&D staff at BioGen.”

“I apologize for not using the proper channels with the coming changes for both VanDyne and BioGen things will get a little hectic around her,” she says, “I hope I am not cutting into your busy work schedule?”

'Wha..changes? What's going on here?' Chris extends his hand to Vera as she finishes talking and gives a small, non-comittal smile. "Not at all, Vera. It's nice to meet you, though I do find myself curious as to what this is about. What changes are you referring to? Is there a merger in the works, or something else entirely? And what does it have to do with me?"

Chris's demeanour and tone are friendly, tinged with curiosity...and underneath, the slightest hint of nervousness. 'Don't worry! They can't know anything about you, right? This must just be a coincidence...I hope.'

Calinon

First Post
Charles follows Jason, “A guardian will be provided for your brother,” he places a hand on Jason’s shoulder, “But if anyone asks, all you can say is that you are being activated for a military commitment at this point in time the JTFA is still trying to keep any press coverage low.”

“We have ways of keeping anything a secret, Jason. Anything,” Charles adds as the two continue on to see Mr. Maynard.
Jason's gives the Major a stunned look. The threats were making his stomach do somersaults. He tried to assume a normal expression as they approached Mr. Maynard. Holy crap! Enough with the threats! he thinks to himself.

He looks at the construction worker curiously, “Jason, you finished already?”
"I barely got started," he says quickly, still thinking of the implied threat. "And it doesn't look like I'm going to get a chance to. I... I got reactivated to active military duty. I ship out in 72 hours. This is Major Grant. He just gave me my notice," he says, his dislike of having to leave his job obvious.

Tokiwong

First Post
Synchronicity said:
'Wha..changes? What's going on here?' Chris extends his hand to Vera as she finishes talking and gives a small, non-comittal smile. "Not at all, Vera. It's nice to meet you, though I do find myself curious as to what this is about. What changes are you referring to? Is there a merger in the works, or something else entirely? And what does it have to do with me?"

Chris's demeanour and tone are friendly, tinged with curiosity...and underneath, the slightest hint of nervousness. 'Don't worry! They can't know anything about you, right? This must just be a coincidence...I hope.'

“Oh where are my manners, yeah a merger is in the works, it should be final by the end of the week. I have been placed in charge of looking over the rosters of the current employees and find those that are not needed during the restructuring. You don’t have to worry, BioGen is looking forward to working with you Christopher,” Vera replies.

“BioGen has received a sizeable grant to do work with the United Nations into looking into the phenomena happening around the world. We are assembling a team as we speak, and your name came up, and after reviewing your records BioGen thinks you would be perfect for the team,” Vera says enthusiastically.

Jason

Mr. Maynard shakes his head, “Good god man, I thought we won the war already,” he sighs, “You were one of my best workers Jason. But don’t you worry when you are done with your stint over there this job will be waiting for you. I can’t say I am not disappointed though, but Uncle Sam needs you boy,” he pats Jason on the shoulder, God bless you out there, be safe and come home in one piece.”

Remove ads