• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Emerald's PbP game

Manzanita

First Post
"OK. We need to keep moving, since Richard must know we're on his trail. Jarrad, why don't you look behind the curtain."

Reinert this moves towards the first door, examines it briefly for traps, then tries to open it. He mutters as he works. "They I'll smite your mother, and I"ll smite your great aunt Martha...."

Capellan

Explorer
Cattivo moves to a position where he can cover both the door Reinert is at and the well-used corridor, with his crossbow.

It's also a position a long way from any of the unexplored areas.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cid stands at the back of the group, a bit distraught... he ponders whether his sea-sickness was just being stuck at sea so long... or if it's more related to dealing with the people he always happens to be with...

Cid pushes those thoughts back, then quietly instructs, "We should probably do something... that's what I say? Anyone have any dice?"

Emerald

First Post
Reinert: You hear nothing and the door is unlocked. You open it and look inside:

The air is thick and stale. Cobwebs dominate every corner of the room, but the doorway remains clear. Man-sized footprints can also be easily seen in the dust on the floor. Discolored spots on the floor reveal where chests or barrels once stood. A stone sarcophagus lies on a raised dias in the center of the room. The lid shows signs of being recently moved and lies cracked on the floor. A bas-relief of rather plain looking woman in an unfamilaiar style of dress is depicted on its warn surface. There are no sign of valuables in the chamber.

Jarred: You peak cautiously behind the curtain:

Pushing aside the filth-encrusted hide, you see a large, irregularly-shaped room. Two corridors lead off from this room to the west and the east. Both are large enough for a man to travel through with ease. Gliding around the room you see three twisted parodies of the human form, standing 6-feet tall. Steel pins and rods stretch the flesh of these creatures in horrific mockeries of thier original apperance. Stiches crisscross their bodies making them look like living jigsaw puzzles. Gore smeared surgical tools extemd from the sumps of their orms like slender fingers.

Capellan

Explorer
Cattivo peers into 'Reinert's Room'.

"It looks like someone left here recently." he corrects, pointing at the places where barrels and boxes used to stand. "Unless Jarrad's seen something hideously dangerous, we should go his way ... it's seen the most use."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cid grunts a bit as he says, "So which way do you want to go? I was about to flip a coin, but if you think you know better than fate..."

Krug

Newshound
"Hideous is the right word," says Jarrad. "For want of a better one." He steps into the room and examines the bodies, poking at one of them with his sword.

MerakSpielman

First Post
Emerald said:
Gliding around the room you see three twisted parodies of the human form, standing 6-feet tall.
Look, I know I'm not there, but you did notice that these things were freakin' gliding around, not just lying there on the floor, right?

(So how long 'till I get back, Emerald? You can put the answer in
tags if you want)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads