RPG Evolution - EN World Columnists Update: New Year, New Columns!

The EN World Columnist Program is celebrating its sixth anniversary, and we're looking for new columnists to expand our coverage in 2023.
39173234_10161025785545508_9216534569178628096_n.jpg
What a year it's been! We've come a long way since the launch of the EN World Columnist Program (ENWC) back in 2017. Now we're preparing for 2023 and beyond with several updates, including new columns.

New Columns​

We are launching two new columns, one covering Paizo's products (including Pathfinder and Starfinder) and one covering the D&D Adventurers League. We have a columnist lined up for Paizo but welcome all applicants who just want to pitch article ideas, interviews, etc.

We anticipate both of these columns will be quite busy. These are unlike the other columns in that they will be just-in-time news, so whomever signs up for these beats will be actively monitoring livestreams and new releases and posting coverage as soon as possible.

Interested? Send your writing qualifications to columns@enpublishingrpg.com.

Pay Rate​

Columnists are paid 6 cents per word. We pay monthly on the 15th of each month by PayPal.

Thanks to Our Columnists​

The ENWC is not for everyone. It requires discipline to produce content appearing on the front page five days a week, with some of the highest exposure in the industry on the front page of EN World. That's why I'm so grateful for our writers, who will all be continuing their fantastic coverage in 2023 and beyond.
  • Egg Embry and Charles Dunwoody are household names on EN World, who manage the crowdfunding and print roundups respectively. They also write the bulk of our interviews, an important part of EN World’s mission to spotlight creators in the tabletop role-playing space beyond D&D.
  • Beth Rimmels, our D&D reporter, hustles after each new release to write in-depth coverage of every D&D-related product. Beth's reviews are extensive and in-depth, which is increasingly rare on the Internet where we get so many hot takes from geek-related sites who aren't nearly as familiar with D&D.
  • Lew Pulsipher writes Worlds of Design, a column drawing on his long legacy of game development in board and role-playing games. Lew's uniquely suited to provide this perspective because he was there from the beginning. His contributions span the original Fiend Folio and Dragon Magazine. Lew's Prince of Elemental Evil, Imix, was a central villain of my own D&D campaign and his Timelord class influenced my approach to time travel (I even wrote some fan fiction about it!).
  • Andrew Peregrine (Corone) shares his opinion on all sorts of gaming topics, particularly games that are outside of D&D. The column is just one of his many contributions in the tabletop RPG space, including work for Chaosium, Cubicle 7, and Modiphius.
  • M.T. Black has been reviewing Dragon Magazine faithfully with his Dragon Reflections column, but that's just a small part of his output. M.T. is a D&D writing machine. Just look at his output!

Thank YOU!​

I also want to thank Russ for his support over the years. We've been learning as we go, but his steady hand has ensured EN World remains a premiere site for tabletop gaming coverage even as the hobby surges in popularity. I've been writing for EN World for over eight years and the managing editor of the ENWC for five. I'm so grateful that Russ has given me the opportunity to share our love of the game.

But most importantly, thank YOU. Our columns are not quite magazine articles, although we craft them with the same rigor. But they're not typical forum posts either, with their prominence on the front page. Unlike other sites, where there is often no comments at the bottom of the page, our reader base is actively engaged with what we write, contributing their own thoughts and ideas on topics. The ENWC is successful because of you: your support, your insights, and yes, your criticism too. We appreciate all of it!

2023 is going to be a wild ride for RPG fans, with a (hopefully good) movie arriving and the ramp-up to the new edition. With these additional columns, the ENWC will be ready to cover it all. I'm excited for what the future will bring and I hope you are too!

Last edited:

Michael Tresca

Michael Tresca

talien

Community Supporter
Same! @talien if for no other reason than completeness, consider adding your name and column(s) to the list in the OP
You're all too kind! I'm not going to publicly thank myself for doing my job but I appreciate the sentiment.

P.S. We're still looking for someone to cover D&D Adventurer's League!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases