EN World EN5ider Has Launched!

EN World EN5ider has launched! EN World EN5ider is the new way to get regular gaming articles and adventures online. For a small monthly donation, you will receive rules articles, gaming advice, adventures, and more. Collect EN5ider articles and adventures designed and formatted to be filed in a binder. The treasure hoard of a winged fire-breathing reptile and a subterranean cave complex all in one place. And best of all - YOU decide how much you want to pay! Not only that, there are four free sample articles for you to check out before you become a Patron!

EN World EN5ider has launched! EN World EN5ider is the new way to get regular gaming articles and adventures online. For a small monthly donation, you will receive rules articles, gaming advice, adventures, and more. Collect EN5ider articles and adventures designed and formatted to be filed in a binder. The treasure hoard of a winged fire-breathing reptile and a subterranean cave complex all in one place. And best of all - YOU decide how much you want to pay! Not only that, there are four free sample articles for you to check out before you become a Patron!

Head on over to EN World EN5ider right here! Check out the free articles, and if you like what you see, choose how much you'd like to donate per article and become a Patron. There's some awesome stuff in the pipeline!

binder_ensider.gif

There are four FREE sample articles for you to check out before you become a Patron - including an entire adventure! Download The Business of Emotion (an adventure by Paul Okesh), 5 Campaign Lessons from The Hobbit Films by Eric Pierce, Cherished Trinkets by Ryan Chaddock, and Archery Contests by Russ Morrissey. If you like what you see, and want more of this every week, simply become a Patron!

samples.jpg

Blackbrrd

First Post
Hopefully some future articles might tempt you.
I ended up with 2$ per article, but 4$ max. A bit cheap-ass*, but I will increase the total sum if I think it's worth it. Currently it isn't, but I hope enough people will chip in to let you create more, higher quality articles and adventures. Props for good production value! :)

*I would feel less cheap-ass paying/getting nothing, but I figured that would be even worse for you. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Personally, I would (and I can't believe I'm saying this!) probably set lower caps on the second and third. $6 and $10 respectively. I think $2/article with a $6 cap is fairly fair, although it being all patronagy I would *love* it if folks felt they were worth a bit more than that.

The beauty of this model is that it doesn't matter so much what an indifivual does, as long as *enough* of them do it. That's why the funding targets determine what gets produced, and you can feel comfortable paying what you think it's worth without any guilty feelings.

OK that's helpful. Thanks.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Not yet. Working on it!
How about just a Patron-only update that gives front- and back-cover images, and a spine insert? So we can make our own?

EDIT - And make it, like, the fourth "article" so that patrons aren't paying for it automatically up front, maybe.

stokleplinger

First Post
The adventure was a small 11 page thing which looks well-made, if a tad silly.

The instructions for content submission have a pretty strict cap on word count that limits the adventures to being somewhat short. I hope there's enough demand to accommodate longer adventures in time, but I suppose that's up to us as the patrons.

I hope you'll give "The Business of Emotion" a chance, it's meant to be tongue in cheek. I figured that sometimes it's nice to get away from grimdark, world ending baddies and just deal with the problems created by a rogue businessman - especially at 2nd level.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think The Business of Emotion makes for a great one-shot, single session, or convention game. It's a bit of fun - we plan to cover light themes, dark themes, action, intrigue, horror - there's plenty of scope!

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
Thanks for all the feedback you've given so far. Your feedback will help me decide what content to approve in the future. Keep it coming!

Regarding the length of the adventures, I view them as one- or two-session games (Emotion is definitely the former). They can be one-shots or sidequests... or something to fill in a hex for sandbox-style games. They're not adventure paths and they're not even the 32-page adventures we saw in the early '80s. They're easy for a GM to digest and prepare to run, thanks to their brevity.

turkeygiant

First Post
Morrus, will Patreon be the only venue you sell these articles through? I was wondering if we will see them on Drivethru too at some point? I am 100% ok with getting them through Patreon, just thought I would ask.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Morrus, will Patreon be the only venue you sell these articles through? I was wondering if we will see them on Drivethru too at some point? I am 100% ok with getting them through Patreon, just thought I would ask.

They will be elsewhere, but Patreon will be the best deal by far.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads