EN5ider has posted 2 fantastic articles in the past week—the statistics-filled ZEITGEIST #7 - Schism: Appendix and MacGruddin's Engineers, the 5th issue in the Intriguing Organizations series!
Lately on EN5ider:
Lately on EN5ider:
- #285. Intriguing Organizations: MacGruddin's Engineers. MacGruddin’s Engineers are hard-drinking sappers, machinists, cart-drivers, and cooks. Though the group is mostly dwarves (including Captain MacGruddin) all that is required to earn a place in the company are equal parts of loyalty and sweat equity. Specialized work includes construction of siege equipment (catapults, ballistae, towers, and the like), undermining castle walls, and the manufacture of specialized ammunition for siege weapons. Additional services offered include bridge building, laying down roads, and general construction—but most of the crew would much rather break things than build 'the boring stuff'. Written by Bill Beers, illustrated by Indi Martin.
- #284. ZEITGEIST #7 - Schism: Appendix. This issue for ZEITGEIST is one that every member of EN5ider should definitely download. Within Schism's Appendix are several handouts for the campaign (including some cards), but more importantly it contains a whopping 16 monsters and NPCs (ranging from the Steelshaper Leone Quital to witches to ghost councils and even a ghost witch) as well as 10 magic items!
- #283. Monstrous Menagerie: Elemental Pets. While elementals are fun creatures to include in a combat due to their primal powers, 5th Edition is sorely lacking in variety for them among the lower challenge ratings. This article introduces some new monsters to fill that gap: lightning sparrows, dust bunnies, bubble puppies, mud cats, and roots! These are somewhat whimsically-named creatures with cantrip level attacks, glass jaws, and unique death effects similar to mephits, allowing for them all to more flexibly fit into multi-creature encounters at even the lowest of levels. This supplement includes statistics for all 5 creatures, as well as a brief description of their habitats and behaviors. Written by Jacob Gobhar; illustrated by Herman Lau.
- #282. Villain's Spotlight: Skrivena Moc. Usually found deep within a dungeon near the site of a bloody battle, the blade Skrivena Moc seems at first to be a powerful weapon able to sear foes with fire and strike through even the toughest armor. What more it speaks to its wielders, offering advice and admiration in equal parts—but only to gain their trust, convincing them that their unnatural attachment to it is nothing to fear all the while it slowly consumes their very soul! This devious intelligent magic item and creature was written by Andrew Engelbrite and illustrated by Rachel Maduro.
- #281. ZEITGEIST #7 - Schism: Part 2. In this 37-page entry in the ZEITGEIST Adventure Path the party heads north to a glacial rift controlled by frost giants loyal to the Obscurati, and once there they must reach a frozen lich and trade Leone’s soul for Grappa’s aid.