• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ends Meat (Boddynock Judging)

Halford

First Post
Following Perkiss onwards past the remaining members of the baboon troupe, the party head down to the Honeylott Livery Stables.

The building is attractive with a walled compound covered in trelaces heavy with honey suckle. A large open gate reveals a small cottage like structure on stilts under which is what appears to be a simple forge. This structure is attatched to a long narrow stable with a small grassy area in front of it.

Around a dozen horses, all clearly of exceptional quality, are visible and the appealing form of Leesha Honeylott can be seen as she examines the hoof of a massive Warhorse with the casual aplomb of a consumate professional. There are three young girls tending to the horses and two men talking in the forge - one of whom wears the garb of a blacksmith -though he does not have the powerful build commonly associated with that profession.

Perkiss approaches the gate and turns back to the party enquiringly.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ciprinus nods to Perkiss and the group. "Miss Honeylott!" he calls. "It's us, the ehm... hired men from this morning, hope you remember us." The druid approaches. "We are here to ask you for a favor."

Halford

First Post
Leesha lowers the hoof, turns round and regards the group with her hands upon her hips.

"A favor, well you had better tell me what it is first. I've gotten into trouble with conversations starting like that before."

The ghost of a smile plays across her lips. The big warhorse lays his head upon her shoulder and glowers at the group as he nuzzles affectionetly.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well I think you know Perkiss already don't you? You see he is in quite a predicament: Fat Sal wants to burn his menagiere to the ground, and if good ol' Perkiss is in there, well I think he will not hesitate in burning him too. Could you please host him for a few days? He is incredibly skilled in treating animals" Ciprinus pats Perkiss on his back, looking him with a 'you better say something useful quickly' look. "And of course I'll offer myself again to guard your establishment during the night" the druid bows with a smile.
Ciprinus Diplomacy Check: 21

Halford

First Post
"Fat Sal, eh? Why would he want to burn down the menagerie Holden?" Leesha asks, an edge of suspision in her voice.

"I owe him money and I can't pay Leesha, I don't think he'll do anything quite that drastic yet, but he might send someone to break a few limbs. I could definetly help out around here, do an old man a favor?" Sincerity rings in Perkiss's voice, and the party cannot help but note that he is a very good liar - or at least manipulator of the truth in this case.

"Well I suppose it can't do any harm, that slug Sal knows Gunt would turn him inside out if he tried anything here." She turns to the group, "I'm afraid all I can offer you is a stall here, with some fresh hay. I would not be too worried about guarding the place mind, so if you would like more comfortable accomadations the Bard's Tail is just across the street. Not that I would mind you staying."

She fixes her gaze upon Ciprinus and continues,

"So how about it my Druidic friend? Ready to earn a little gold? I still need you to have chat with a certain ornery steed."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Certainly dear Lady Honeylott, lets see what we can do about that little horse temper." Ciprinus says. "Carpio, Heraldo, lets meet a new friend." the reptiles hisses in approval.

Halford

First Post
With a shrug Leesha points to the last stall, once the party moves down they see a horse of astonishing size. Clearly Porthos is a magnificent animal he must stand at least nineteen hands tall, and must weight the close to two thousand pounds. His coat is an immaculate glossy black, though there are a few vivid scars visible upon his hind quarters, they look to have been made by extremely large claws.

However, the warhorses head hands down and despite his equine features he is clearly sullen. Hung upon the sides of the roomy stall is a set of chainmail barding, and it is all to easy to envision this steed in battle those dinnerplate sized hooves lashing out...

As they approach Porthos snorts irritably and kicks the back of his stall in a cleary threatening gesture.

Halford

First Post
Ciprinius approaches and is able to pet an obviously reluctant Porthos. The stallion accepts the pampering begrudgingly, but still appears sullen and irritable.

Perkiss also steps forward and tries his hand,

"Well it doesn't seem top be anything simple, hardly surpriseing, Leesha would have handled it herself if it were - she's a dab hand with horses." The old man conceeds as he scratches Porthos behind the ears.

Up this close the party can see that the chainmail barding has the first hints of rust and a few cobwebs hanging around it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads