Endur's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft OOC

Thanee

First Post
Heh, I was thinking about DM'ing I6 at some point. Then I found out about this revisited adventure coming out. Got the book myself and I know I6, which is very similar AFAIK, pretty much inside out (DM'ed it thrice or so already).

But I wish you all a lot of fun. I surely had my share in Endur's last game. :D

Bye
Thanee

Voadam

Legend
I didn't expect to get in so quickly, but a note about availability. I'll be away on a business trip and then have major work deadlines and assignments and not expect to post from 10/25-11/1.

Voadam

Legend
For disclosure

"It is ok to play in this campaign if you have previously played in Ravenloft or I6. Please do not read the new “Expedition to Castle Ravenloft” WOTC book."

I have run Ravenloft CS games and own and will have read the 2e House of Strahd redo of I6, though I have not played in I6 or run the HoS one.

Endur

First Post
The Lightbringers

Guild: The Lightbringers are an expansive guild of undead hunters that readily hands out charter memberships to anyone who wants to stamp out undead. The Lightbringers have no central headquarters. Generally affiliated good-aligned temples in large cities set aside meeting rooms. Pelor's temples are best known for hosting Lightbringers -- believers and nonbelievers alike.

Symbol: The Lightbringer's symbol is a stylized half-sun, half-moon disc.

Credo: "Suffer no false life."

The Lightbringers organization requires a prospective member to have 4 ranks in at least one of several associated skills. The guild accepts all classes, levels, and races. Initiation fee and annual dues are 100gp.

Associated skills: Concentration, Gather Information, Heal, Knowledge History, Knowledge Local, and Knowledge Religion.

Lightbringer Benefits: Will be described in greater detail if somone joins the guild. Bards, Clerics, Paladins, and Rogues get a special substitution level benefit if they join the Lightbringers guild -- the substitution level benefit is retroactive (so if you join at level 6 and there is a level 1 substition level, you could opt to trade out your original level 1 ability for the substitution ability).

Pyrex

First Post
Are members of the Lightbringers typically open about their organization/membership? It seems they'd be in direct opposition to the lord of the realm. :uhoh:

I'm interested in futher information, as it sounds like a good fit for my character. (feel free to PM me if you don't want it generally known yet)

I've narrowed down my concept a bit further. My current plan is to to with a Human Sorcerer, and play with some of the new goodies in Complete Mage. There's been a ton of bickering about the Reserve feats over in General and I'm itching to see how they work in play. (plus, Fiery Blast just looks like a lot of fun... :D )

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Pyrex said:
Are members of the Lightbringers typically open about their organization/membership? It seems they'd be in direct opposition to the lord of the realm. :uhoh:

Since none of the PCs are from Barovia (and not yet created characters do not have knowledge skills allocated yet), I can't comment on this.

Endur

First Post
Pyrex said:
I'm interested in futher information, as it sounds like a good fit for my character. (feel free to PM me if you don't want it generally known yet)

Ok. Once you pay your 100gp initiation fee and post your character, I'll post the benefits you receive.

Rhun

First Post
My half-orc barbarian/fighter brute is coming along nicely...should be posted soon. Unfortunately, he lacks the skill points to join the Lightbringers. :D

Remove ads