• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Endur

First Post
The party took the following prisoners (in addition to their trog priest prisoner they still have):
Tiefling wizard named Vacra (with spellbook, scroll of resist elements (cold), wand of change self (10 charges))
Maridosen (with a +1 mithril chainshirt, +1 rapier, mw composite shortbow)

new ally: Slazsh (Troll Fighter 2 with MW Sword and MW Full Plate)

Other equipment the party found: Troll-sized MW Greatsword, Troll-sized MW Spiked Full Plate, 2 MW bastard swords, 2 sets of banded mail

Six charges from wands of CLW are used to heal the party to full (except for Lylamwyn).

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“Lylamwyn is dead!? Oh no. He did so much for us. That's not fair! Is there anything we can do for him?”

Lenya gives Det and Kef 10 gp each and the other pretty huge sword to the troll, if it has a sheath to be carried as a replacement weapon.

OOC: Lenya would like Maridosen's shirt, of course. :)
That spell in the wand is called disguise self in 3.5.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"There is a spell which I believe I can perform, which will bring his soul back to this plane, though it will inhabit a different body. With luck, I can also use it to restore Xaod and Neshi."

Belaver will reincarnate Lyllamwyn as soon as possible, then Xaod, then Neshi.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“That sounds marvelous, Belaver. I hope they'll like their new bodies.”

Lenya asks the troll, Slaszh, for his name and for a few words in his language, which she tells him in the common tongue. Practicing that way for a while, she seems to pick up the troll's language quite well, and while still somewhat clumsy, even though that matches Slaszh's way of speaking, she becomes able to communicate with him better that way.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
I need to know whether the party is:
1) Moving forward, deeper into the Fire Bridge complex now that the Guards have been defeated;
2) Staying in this room and resting for 20 hours until Belaver can cast Reincarnate
3) Retreating and then resting for 20 hours until Belaver can cast Reincarnate
a) If retreating, where are you retreating to?
b) If you are resting, I would need to know the order of the watch.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

While the party ponders what to do, Lenya will talk to Slaszh to improve her language and in order to find out, why the trolls were guarding the bridge... maybe (which is what Lenya suspects) they were in fear of the fire the priests from the fire temple and/or the demon are (probably) wielding. If so and Belaver wants to help, Lenya could show Slaszh on the next day (before heading out), that they can protect him from the fire (Resist Energy, then desensibilize him with a torch). If that works well, Lenya can probably make Slaszh want to defeat his old masters, who were (again... if so) threatening him with the flames. The idea is to make him more fierce in combat that way and less susceptible to turn back to them, even if the Charm should end prematurely, seeing how they were doing him wrong.

Endur

First Post
After hearing Lenya's suggestion to go back to the West Gate, Kef looks up from counting his ten gold pieces,
"At ten gold per fight, your the boss, boss.

"You know, of course, that we probably woke some creatures up when we passed through on the rails earlier. And they might be waiting for our return trip. So we'll probably have to fight some monsters on the way back."

Slazsh grumbles something that sounds like "Fee Fi Fo Fum" to the rest of the party and sounds like, "I'm hungry. Can I eat the dwarf?" to Lenya.

Endur

First Post
Slaazh tells Lenya in broken giantish,
"Us trolls recruited from tribe that lives ten miles away. Bravest warriors sought by Dark Priests.
"Dark priests offered food, gold, power, weapons, armor, and immunity from fire.
"We accept offer.
"We like working for Dark Priests like Lenya.
"Let's go my home. We have fun.
"Or better yet, we could play shotput.
"Great game. D'Gran invented it.
"Hang hafling on wall. Throw iron balls at halfling. Lots of fun.
"I was doing that before woman comes and says intruders at gate.
"D'Gran ended the game and sent me off to help Krall and the others.
"Halfling still on the wall if want to go play now.
"But you not intruders. You friend. You want to help eat dwarf?"

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

This will be a bit more difficult... Lenya thinks.

[GIANT] “No! Dwarf friend. You hurt him, he hurt you. He no hurt you now. Everyone here friend. Friend to Lenya and friend to Slaszh. Only two not friend. Work for Lenya. But no food! Here, take dead guards around corner, there.” [/GIANT]

Lenya points to the corpses of the guards and then to a corner from where the party had come towards the bridge.

“Uhh... hope you don't mind, if the troll 'disposed' the corpses of the guards back there?”

“Oh, and he told me, that there is some halfling captive in the fire temple, at least I think so.”

Endur

First Post
Kef looks a little sick as the troll eats the two slain humans.

Det says, "Are you sure he was talking about the Fire Temple? I heard the Fire Temple and the Fire Bridge are on opposite sides of the crater. I heard there are four temples and four bridges in the Crater Ridge Mines."

The Troll laughs in response to Lenya's comments about Raner being a friend.
"Ha, you tell funny joke. Dwarf is a friend. Ha! I no fool! You charmed Dwarf, made him think he's a friend, but really dwarf is your slave. I'm smarter than the average Troll. You can't trick me. But, its ok with me if you keep the charmed dwarf as your slave."

Remove ads