• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENnies winners?

woodelf

First Post
Menexenus said:
So when we are "standing" in the (virtual) voting booth and trying to decide whether to vote for the game we have played or the game that we have barely heard of (regardless of its actual merit), we have no choice but to vote for what we know.

You know, that's not the only choice. I only voted in categories where i was familiar with all the entries, and could give them an honest appraisal. It's the way i vote for all things (including politics--where i consider it my duty to find out about all the choices).

Now, i don't actually expect most, or even many, people to behave this way. I'm just saying that there is another option.

Oh, and Wow! Cool! I can't believe Dread got an award! We are so jazzed it just doesn't translate well into coherent sentences. As the folks from yog-sothoth.com said when they accepted their award, "see, it's not just D20" [i may have inadvertantly paraphrased, for which i apologize].

Maester Luwin

First Post
I also want to say congrats to all! Great job everyone! I was happy to see A Game of Thrones take 3 Silver Stags this year! I am not saying there are not other equally great games (I own many Green Ronin products & can say they're all great!) but perhaps this will help AGoT stay alive. It is my hope that others will now take a closer look at this game. With GoO out of business (best wishes to Mark, Jesse, & the gang at least this can make you smile) we who are fans of this game can only hope that another will take up the torch who burnt so brightly... even if it was for a short time. Thanks Maester Luwin

Thanee

First Post
Michelle Lyons said:
My take on it (and yes, I'm biased) is that many of the reviews were written by loyal devoted Shadowrun fans who loved third edition. There's a LOT of change between third and fourth, and if you like third edition rules and are proficient with them, the reaction to 4th edition seems to largely range from tolerance to dislike. On the other hand, 4th edition gets a lot of high praise from people who haven't played in a while, have never played, or simply didn't like the 3rd edition rules and tolerated them regardless.

I've been playing Shadowrun a lot with 2nd and 3rd edition, and am very familiar with both, and I really, really like the 4th edition rules (of course it helps that they are very similar to my own 2nd edition house rules, especially the dice number modifiers). The new rules run very smooth, and still retain the Shadowrun feel (despite the unfortunate lack of dice pools), which is good. :D

Sure, it has flaws, but every ruleset does.

SR4 is very good and easily the best Shadowrun ruleset out there.

Bye
Thanee

Fyrestryke

Explorer
This seems like as good a place as any to post. :)

The ENnies were awesome! What a great event. Dextra, Hellhound, Thunderfoot, the judges and all of the volunteers really pulled off the most excellent ENnies yet (I've been three times now). The after party was truly awesome and those who didn't stay missed out on a lot of fun. DJ Achilles from White Wolf rocked the room! Matter of fact, he rocked the room so hard that the pool on the third floor busted and leaked into the second floor (where we were)! :lol: At least no one was hurt in that mess. :)

Plus on top of that I got to meet tons of great ENWorlders. What a great weekend. :)

Turjan

Explorer
Psion said:
While I agree totally, and feel it would have been great to recognize such a great game, we of the ENnies staff feel we have done our part in recognizing the product by tendering the nomination.

I think the thing people really need to keep in mind when considering the final results is that they were voted on by the public, and that entails all the foibles that public voting has. People with large, motivated fan bases tend to do well beause they could get people to the voting booth.
That's how I take it as well. As much as I would have liked Artesia to win at least one award, I didn't really expect it in the first place. I suppose it's still relatively unknown.

Then again, all of the nominated games deserved to be awarded in their categories. With this in mind, I'd like to congratulate the winners :).

DaveMage said:
Congrats to all those who won the "dinner with the publisher auctions"!

:D

Thank you! It was an honor just to be nominated! (Or so I hear. You can ask TB and RI to be sure. :p ) But the win just made this GenCon so much more special. Or maybe it was the four gin-and-tonics I downed throughout the ceremony. Not during the cocktail reception, just during the actual ceremony. And after that tequila at The Ram, too.... (where's the "drunk" smiley when you need it? Guess I'll have to use an emoticon: :*) )

FIERY DRAGON rocks!

I am so winning this auction again next year (if they do it again). Sorry, TB and RI--you'll have to pony up really big bucks to win it in 2007. Sniping only works when you remember *before* the auction ends. ;)

woodelf said:
Oh, and Wow! Cool! I can't believe Dread got an award! We are so jazzed it just doesn't translate well into coherent sentences. As the folks from yog-sothoth.com said when they accepted their award, "see, it's not just D20" [i may have inadvertantly paraphrased, for which i apologize].

Hi, woodelf! I sat with you at the table for a while during the cocktail reception. I did not see your game at the booth on Saturday--did it sell out? No problem, I will get it here in town--or drive out to Madison if I have to. I already have Jenga, so I'm halfway ready to play Dread ! :)

Kent

woodelf

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Hi, woodelf! I sat with you at the table for a while during the cocktail reception. I did not see your game at the booth on Saturday--did it sell out? No problem, I will get it here in town--or drive out to Madison if I have to. I already have Jenga, so I'm halfway ready to play Dread ! :)

Kent

That's very frustrating to hear. We didn't even come close to selling out, but we heard from a lot of people who couldn't find the game. I'm not sure if you were at the wrong booth, or what--the game was fairly prominently displayed, taking up the top two shelves of a bookrack display, and thus face out at about 3.5' off the ground, which should be about optimal. And yet lots of people apparently went right by it without spotting it. Must be the mostly-white cover.

Anyway, you can order direct from us on our website, right now. Though we won't be able to actually get anything shipped out until Tues or maybe Wed. We're working on other ways for y'all to buy Dread--stay tuned.

Remove ads