• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EnWorld DM to Player ratio

Do you Play or DM (and which do you prefer)

• Yes, I am a DM most of the time

Votes: 246 72.8%
  • Yes, I am a player most of the time

Votes: 74 21.9%
  • I prefer to play

Votes: 111 32.8%
  • I prefer to DM

Votes: 138 40.8%

The Shaman

First Post
Lessee, I'm GMing two Modern games and one M&M game and playing in a Western game, a Modern game, and a D&D game, though the latter seems to have ground to an abrupt and unfortunate halt.

While playing is fun, I get more kicks out of being the GM - too many setting ideas, character concepts, and so on to be limited to "just" playing.

der_kluge

Adventurer
It's interesting really. In 2e days, I was pretty much 90% a DM.

But ever since 3e came out, I've done more playing. It has a lot to do with some of the people I've gamed with, really. I'm typically like, "I can DM, or not", but ever since 3e was out, I've mostly gamed with a lot of other DMs who want to DM. Which is fine by me, really.

I DM'd one campaign in 3e, and played in 2 others, and am now playing in a 2 more concurrently.

fusangite

First Post
In my career, I have DMed overwhelmingly more.

I have no idea if I would prefer to be a player if there were sufficient supply of great campaigns out there. Sadly, that has never been a problem for me.

A'koss

Explorer
I DM most of the time as well... I love to play (sometimes omniscience isn't all it's cracked up to be... ;) ), but, unfortunately, there wasn't anyone in our group who really had the proper DM skillset/mindset. :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads