[ENWWC] ENWorld Writer's Circle Story Hour!

Enkhidu

Explorer
Hi all!

For those of you who didn't know, I recently put out a call on the general boards to find out how many authors - Story Hour posters or otherwise - would be interested in a Writer's Circle. The aim was to find a group of like minded people interested in writing "gaming style fiction" and share ideas, perform constructive criticism, etc, as well as hone our skills in general.

At present, "the ENWorld Writer's Circle (ENWWC) is a collection of individuals who have come together for the purposes of learning, honing, and teaching the craft of writing fiction." (From the working guidleines of the ENWWC)

The idea originally came from a friend of mine (posts as dshai527), and I sort of picked up the ball and ran with it. Just as many of the other writers in the circle have run with it, and will continue running with it.

At this point, we have a large number of participants, and we've begun our trial run!

Now, for those of you who may be curious, this trial run is currently closed (see this thread for more information about how the group came together in the first place). So, if you'd like to participate in the ENWWC, I'll have to ask that you wait until the trial run is over, at which time we may - key word is may - be accepting new members, or possibly starting more than on circle. All of this, however, is dependent on how this trial run goes.

Over the next few weeks, you'll see short story hour installments from well over a dozen writers, some of which you have never seen post on these boards before. Others have existing story hours. And I think you'll end up pleasantly surprised by both groups.

So come on by every few days and see what deviltry we've cooked up!

And most of all...

Enjoy

Edited for content

Last edited:

uberkitty

First Post
Femerus the Gnecro said:
can anyone continue, or do you have to sign up?

-F

Sorry, Femerus. The circle closed at 17 people. I think there was talk of a bench, though.

See this thread.

Edit: Enkhidu, maybe a statement of purpose would be in order here?

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Femerus the Gnecro said:
can anyone continue, or do you have to sign up?
-F

Gotta sign up I'm afraid Femerus - and there's already 16 budding authors in the cue (see General Board for details)

and Son of Thunder good start (just be more judicious with your full stops:))
Oh and what was that magic ring?

Daniel Knight

First Post
Nice start... very easy to follow on from with plenty of room to muck about.

And now I believe it's darklight's turn :)

Last edited:

Enkhidu

Explorer
Nice thinking, uberkitty!

I've already edited the first post in the thread to clarify a few points about the ENWWC.

And Son of Thunder, good way to get the ball rolling!

Remove ads