• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D campaign (still recruiting)

Vertexx69

First Post
Wow, things have gotten tense really fast. Most unfortunate.
Well, hellacious combat monster characters do tend to come with monstrous egos, so its not that unexpected. Though we do seem to have a decent cross section of the personality spectrum represented so far, from alien and aloof to laid back to seething. :p Should be interesting.

And those names are getting really close to the point of confusion.

Jemal

Adventurer
RE: IC occurence

Well now, THAT's interesting... Though not unexpected.

Since Shahaza's technically neutral, she didn't need a save as the primary effect does nothing to her either way(I just didn't know that in character), and I was hoping Dizzy would choose to fail as proof that she's good. Didn't realize she allready had it cast. :(
Good to know about the guard leader, if he's that evil, then that makes decision making regarding him much easier.
I'm going to wait before I post any further, Kayla's been doing a lot lately, so I'll wait a while and let others respond.

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Thanks. I have exams next week, so is it ok if i hold off on chargen until those are over?

Take all the time you need.

ghostcat: If you are ready to join, give me the word and I'll insert you now.

Everybody: Alrighty, we are really getting into the swing of things, so I want everyone to make sure their characters are finalized. Post here if you're completely done, just so I know. I'll look over the sheets when I get a chance in order to check for errors.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Arcane Heirophant

Jemal, can you give me some suggestions on the following?

Elwynn of the Source

Druid 4 Wizard 3 Arcane Heirophant 10 Druid 3 Arcane Heirophant 10

with these probable attributes:

Str:16 +5 inherent

Dex: 10 +5 inherent

Con: 18 +5 inherent

Int: 18 +5 inherent

Wis: 18 +5 inherent

Cha: 10 +5 inherent

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Well that would depend on what type of character you want.. Buff mage, Dual-caster, or Companion Buffer (The arcane Heirophant's companion familiar can get fairly powerful)
For example, with your listed progression, you would be an equivalent 23 wizard caster/27 Druid Caster with 27 levels of wild shape and the animal companion of a 27th level druid with all of the familiar abilities. It pretty much comes down to what kind of style you want to go for.

One amusing side bar: If you decide to go with the companion route, I might suggest checking out the Beast Master from complete adventurer, not a caster but gets some good beast buffs, and multiple companions.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
He would probably have enough slots to do both. But his main combat tactic would be buffing his wild shape, shield, greater mage armor, bite of spells etc.

Remove ads