• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

unleashed

First Post
“I’m Rose, and no. After all, how could either of us possibly have committed any murders here... we only arrived in town this evening. I mean, have any of you seen us here before today?” Rose asks, placing her hands on her hips and looking a little exasperated with the man who cut the lad off. Not waiting for an answer, she continues, “Anyway, we were on our way to Central and since our connecting train was going to be a long wait, we decided to look for somewhere to stay in town. That’s when we met the boys testing fireworks and Claus...”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, we haven't seen the murderer until today either, so who's to say ya weren't hiding out all this time?" the innkeeper counters.

"Then why would they come to the inn and ask after the murders, da? If they're the ones who did it?"

"To establish an alibi, son. They wanted as many people as possible to think they just came into town today so that nobody would suspect them of nothing."

"Well, I guess that's possible, b..."

"Course it's possible--that's how these alchemists trick ya. Now surrender peacefully you two--we don't want nobody else to get hurt!"

unleashed

First Post
“And you still haven’t seen the murderer... well unless you’ve spotted the woman who’s claiming to be Karin,” Rose declares. Glaring at the innkeeper with her hands still planted firmly on her hips as she adds, “It’s also possible we’re telling the honest truth, which we are, but it seems you’d prefer to accuse and hamper people who are trying to help, rather than seek the real culprit. A woman we know at least had a hand in Claus’ death, and probably the others too... considering what she's been trying to do.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well we haven't seen this so-called woman, but we have seen you. Who's to say she isn't some made-up story of yers? There's nothing but yer words to back up that there even is such a woman, and seeing as ya have every reason to make something like that up if yer the ones that did it, well..."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al is starting to get angrier every moment as the innkeeper continues his absurd tirade. "If I had made it all up then my imagination would be almost as good as yours was when you came up with the idea that a loud crash and a fire makes us the ones behind the disapearances!"

unleashed

First Post
Right on the tail of Al’s statement and still trying to retain some composure, Rose adds, “You might also want to consider, sir, if you’re right, and we’re the ones behind the disappearances and Claus' death. Why exactly are we standing here talking with you, rather than killing you, so there are still no witnesses?”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm..." the innkeeper thinks, "Well, we have you outnumbered, for one--you probably have to like tie a person up a do some kind of ritual sacrifice or something. If you could kill us all at once, then you would have no reason to have been sneaking around like a thief in the night and picking off the defenseless girls of the village one by one like you did--you could just kill us all and be done with it."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al literally growls in frustration at the innkeeper as he claps his hands together and touches the ground, causing a number of human looking arms to reach out of the dirt and lift him up, suspending him upside down, his head some four feet off the ground. "There, maybe once you get a bit more blood flowing to your brain you'll be able to think clearly!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah, what's this--watch out boys, he's attacking!" the innkeeper shouts as Al begins his alchemy.

*One of the villagers manages to swing the pole he's brandishing fairly ineptly at Al, missing completely, before the transmutation finishes and easily lifts the innkeeper into the air.*

"Graah!" the innkeeper shouts, struggling unsuccessfully to free himself, "Don't worry about me, boys--get him quick before he gets you too!"

*Some of the villagers brandish torches and make clumsy attacks with pitchforks or makeshift clubs, but Al dodges and weaves between the attacks, avoiding them easily.*

(OOC: Rose's turn, then some more villagers, then Al again)

Dire Lemming

First Post
(OOC: I know that's probably not what Al would have done in the show, but I'd bet it's what Ed would have done given far less provokation. I think it works fine with this Al.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads