• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Equivalent Exchange: Episode 3--Crimson Eternal

unleashed

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
"Well... alright." Al says slightly reluctantly, when Gracia insists quite firmly that Al is not to assist her and Elysia with the dishes. He sighs and heads back to the living room to wait for Tom, hoping that Elysia isn't in trouble despite his silence. Once Tom arrives Al asks him to show him what he's been working on so far, and takes a look over it. "Tom, just call me Alphonse, or Al, ok? My brother is the real Fullmetal Alchemist. They just gave me that title because he's not around right now. I mean, it doesn't really fit for me does it?" Alphonse demonstrates one of a variety of circle drawing techniques. "This is the first one I ever made, well, brother and me did it together. Hey Rose, Laura. Want to come and help? I'm sure there are some things you could add."
“Sure Al, I’ll come and help if you want,” Rose replies with a smile, joining Tom and Al, “though I don’t know what I could add.”

Festy_Dog

First Post
Selim was thankful for the meal, and expressed as much.

Later on, he listens and watches as the others talk about alchemy, curious about the mysterious art.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Elysia said:
"No. Elysia anwsers honestly, "Selim and I ran into each other. It's not like we planned to meet up or anything.

"But look, your clothes are all ripped up, and you were both badly hurt. Elysia, darling, did he get you involved with military business?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Laura glides over, a coy and mysterious expression on her face. She looks at the simple circle with look of indifference. She says nothing yet, however.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al scratches his head, wondering just how to begin. "Uh, maybe I'm getting a little too far ahead... What are you working on right now Tom?"

(OOC: That's weird, the banner ad when I went into this thread was for the FMA Season One Boxed Set. First time I've seen that ad. :) )

Raylis

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"But look, your clothes are all ripped up, and you were both badly hurt. Elysia, darling, did he get you involved with military business?"

Not unless you count help almost catching a serial killer military business... Elysia thinks.

"No, mother. I'm not involved with the military, I don't plan on becomming involved with the military. You don't care if I hang out with Al and he's in the military. What do you have against Selim? Elysia says, putting down a dish and looking at Gracia.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Elysia:

"Honey, you know who his father was, don't you? And you're just trying to avoid answering why your clothes are shredded and you're covered in blood. Please, Elysia...I don't know if my heart could stand it if something happened to you..."

~~~

Al and others:

"Well...I, uh. I've just been looking at some books on basic theory and memorising equivalencies. I'm not even close to the point where I could make a transmutation circle, sir."

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Uh- ... oh..." Al grimaces slightly embarrassedly. He was making circles at a much younger age than that... But then again, he had had brother to help him. "Alright, well, I'm sure you know of the rule equivilent exchange. In order to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. For the most part this rule will always be true. However, that's not always the case. Generally speaking, human transmutation breaks this rule in multiple ways, with almost always dangerous results. It's a bad idea to attempt any kind of human transmutation, but most of all, you can never ever bring someone back to life. If you attempt it, you will fail, but you'll still pay a price, an arm, a leg, even internal organs, or your whole body. Trust me on this alright? Um, what else... Well, do you have any questions? I'll do my best to answer all of them."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Is that true?" Laura said with a twinkle in her eye. "Or is that what you believe? Is human transmutation doomed to fail because the exchange is not truly equivalent? Think of it. Every story I have heard, the alchemist never actually gives that which is equal to a life---a life." The glitter in her eyes are dark, her voice compelling. "Would you give you life to bring back the dead? Would that then be enough?"

She settles back, a tight, enigmatic smile on her lips.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads