• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Equivalent Exchange: Episode 3--Crimson Eternal

Raylis

First Post
"So? His father was King Bradley, what difference does it make? He's not his father-you haven't even given him a chance have you Mom? she glowers, "And I'm fine, so let's just leave it at that okay?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Raylis said:
"So? His father was King Bradley, what difference does it make? He's not his father-you haven't even given him a chance have you Mom? she glowers, "And I'm fine, so let's just leave it at that okay?"
"Elysia, if you're not going to tell me what happened, I'm going to have to send you to your room so you can think about your priorities."

(OOC: Cue a bluff, I guess? I'm surprised she didn't try something more elaborate, maybe involving a tourniquet for someone bleeding or something. Not that it would be hard for Elysia to sneak out of her room anyway ;))

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al turns to Laura, shaking his head. "No Miss Laura. It doesn't work like that. It-" Al stops abruptly, realizing that what he was about to say next should not be spoken of. He looks a little worriedly at Laura. "A life for a life doesn't work."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Laura leans back. "Consider our Chimera, soulmeld, and the mysterious... appearance. One might say there was equivalency. It is something we do not truly understand." There is a flash of something, a yearning, but then it is gone. "We all seek to know. And that is the danger of human transmutation. We seek without the full realization of what is sought. And the consequences..." She looks pointedly at Al a moment, but says nothing.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al seems to have forgotten Tom as he continues his discussion with Laura, becoming more and more intense as it progresses. "Miss Laura, it's not the same thing. I know how you must feel, I felt the same way. I know you want to believe in it, but it won't work, I know it won't, please, you've got to let go."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dire Lemming said:
Al seems to have forgotten Tom as he continues his discussion with Laura, becoming more and more intense as it progresses. "Miss Laura, it's not the same thing. I know how you must feel, I felt the same way. I know you want to believe in it, but it won't work, I know it won't, please, you've got to let go."
Laura looks at Al a moment, then laughs. It is not a derisive sound, though it is clear she thinks him foolish. "Silly, boy. I have no intent of giving my life or any other. I have no need to perform a human transmutation. But you, more than any other, should be careful on how much you know and how much you think is true." That mysterious smile reappears.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al stares at Laura with a typical anime look of confusion after finding out that something you had felt very strongly about is a non-issue. "Wha... you aren't? Then why did you- ... I mean... Why are you..." he looks over at the by now most likely thoroughly confused Tom. "Uh... I think we sort of got off track a bit... So, Tom... What you need to learn from all this is, don't ever attempt human transmutation. Alright?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Right." Al nods. "Right... um, so... Well here, try drawing the circle I showed you." he hands him a piece of paper and a pencil. "Just try it." In truth, Alphonse really has no idea what do do to help him. He's not a teacher, and when he was his age he was already well on his way to well... the level he was at today...

Raylis

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Elysia, if you're not going to tell me what happened, I'm going to have to send you to your room so you can think about your priorities."

(OOC: Cue a bluff, I guess? I'm surprised she didn't try something more elaborate, maybe involving a tourniquet for someone bleeding or something. Not that it would be hard for Elysia to sneak out of her room anyway ;))

Elysia sighs in frustration, I told you what happened! I don't know how Selim got so banged up-maybe he ran into that serial killer or something else. You automatically think the worst of him just because he's the old furer's son and just because he's in the military. she throws down the dish rag and storms out of the kitchen.

Remove ads