• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Equivalent Exchange: Episode 3--Crimson Eternal

Dire Lemming

First Post
After Tom leaves Al turns to Laura, making sure Elysia and Gracia are within earshot he asks, "So, Miss Laura, if you want to come with us tomorrow I'm sure I could get them to let you. Where are you staying tonight?"

(OOC: After we determine whether or not Al's question causes Laura to get invited to stay with the Hughes's I'm good for fast forwarding. Teehee, he kept trying to uninvite himself from staying because it might be an imposition, but when he's trying to help out a beautiful, and smokin' hot, woman, it's a whole different story. :p

Also, I didn't think Al was after a Philosopher's Stone. In fact, I thought he wanted to avoid such a thing. After all, the creation of one would mean the annihilation of a large number of lives. So... one of us seems to be confused, and since you're the GM it must be me.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He doesn't want to make a new stone like the ones in the past made from human lives, but he does want to find a way to open the gate again to find Ed, so he is searching for the Philosopher's Stone, in a sense. What he is attempting to do is a human transmutation. Being in search of the stone is different than wanting to create one by killing lots of people

Compare to the attitude of Ed and Al after they discovered Marcoh's secret and then Ross talked to them and the initial shock and giving-up had faded away. They still kept searching, even if they were unwilling to reuse the methods of the past.)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dire Lemming said:
After Tom leaves Al turns to Laura, making sure Elysia and Gracia are within earshot he asks, "So, Miss Laura, if you want to come with us tomorrow I'm sure I could get them to let you. Where are you staying tonight?"
Laura looks at Al with half closed lids. "I have my own business tonight. But... I can meet you tomorrow."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al looks slightly dispointed. "Oh, alright. Well, see you tomorrow then. Don't forget, nine oclock."

(OOC: Well I guess that's cleared up then. Al is ready to move on.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Al and the others wake up early and then head to Central HQ, where Al is to speak with Hawkeye. Selim goes in with him, but the others are not military, so the receptionist asks them to stay outside, where they can talk amongst themselves if they want.*

*As Al and Selim step inside, they see that even at this early hour, Hawkeye is still meticulously prepared for the day, her uniform spotless and without a wrinkle, her hair bound up in her usual style, and her eyes alert and perceptive.*

"Fullmetal, you requested to speak with me?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al nods, looking around the office for signs of the apparent trouble of the day before. "Yes, it's about Miss- er, Lieutenant Miller. I've got some evidence to help clear her. Um, how's she doing?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The office seems to be perfectly clean and quite serene, no signs of trouble.*

"Help clear her of what, Fullmetal?" Hawkeye asks, raising an eyebrow.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Alphonse stares silently at Hawkeye for a moment in confusion. "Uh, of you know. Of you those killings, or whatever it was. Yesterday you said you would have to take her into custody because of that. I think I can tell you how she's alive though." He pauses briefly then askes again. "Um, how is she?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, I see. The killer was described as an armoured man armed with a knife. As Selim reported, it seemed to be a soulmeld. The intelligence division has reviewed the case and they have come to the decision that Kate Miller is not the serial killer responsible for those murders."

Dire Lemming

First Post
A wave of relief washes over Alphonse as he hears the news and he visibly relaxes, and stops looking nervously around the room. "Oh, that's great! Does that mean she's free now? I think I might have found out just what happened to her, and maybe I can help her get some of her memory back... well, maybe. I need to talk to her."

Remove ads