• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Equivalent Exchange: Episode 3--Crimson Eternal

Festy_Dog

First Post
Selim seems enthralled by the conversation about human transmutation, despite understanding virtually none of it.

"What was-" he was going to ask Laura a question but was distracted by Elysia's appearance in a seemingly bad mood, "Elysia? Is something troubling you?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
"Right." Al nods. "Right... um, so... Well here, try drawing the circle I showed you." he hands him a piece of paper and a pencil. "Just try it." In truth, Alphonse really has no idea what do do to help him. He's not a teacher, and when he was his age he was already well on his way to well... the level he was at today...
*Tom takes the paper and looks at Al's example of the simple circle and tries to copy it from sight. He gets the drawing generally accurately.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al looks a over the circle and quickly spot several errors. "That's pretty good. Though there are few things missing here, and here. Practice makes perfect right?" he falls silent, unsure what else to say. Tom's teacher was of course totally different from his... He didn't think any teacher could be like his... "Um, so..." Alphonse nervously picks up the sheet he had drawn his example circle on and transmutes it into a paper crane.

(OOC: I'm out of ideas for this, so if you want to move on to tomorrow and the meeting with Hawkeye, I'm fine with that. If you've got something you want to do with Tom then I'm fine with that too.)

Raylis

First Post
Having changed, Elysia returns downstairs and joins the others in the living room. "What are you talking about?" she asks peering at the drawing

unleashed

First Post
“Oh, Al’s just giving Tom here an alchemy lesson, Elysia. Come and join us, you’ll at least learn how to identify a simple transmutation circle if nothing else,” Rose smiles.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al turns to Elysia, looking slightly frustraited. "Yeah... but I don't think I'm a very good teacher. Besides... There's no way I could teach like my teacher... I mean..." He trails off and looks back at Tom with the same expression.

unleashed

First Post
“Oh, don’t worry so much Al, you’re doing fine, and I’m sure Tom appreciates any insight you can offer,” Rose declares, sounding far more confident in Al’s ability than he himself does. “Though perhaps you’d be better served going over more of the basics with him first, since that’s what our budding alchemist is studying at the moment.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Al covers some of the basics to Tom's satisfaction, and he thanks Al for the help, waving awkwardly as he heads back out into the night. Al and Rose stay with Elysia, Selim returns to the barracks, and Laura easily makes do.*

(OOC: I suppose that they meet up tomorrow to pursue the aftermath of the case? I admit that the group hasn't managed to draw some of the characters, such as Laura, into this as much as last time--I don't think Al has mentioned or let on that he's on a search for the Philosopher's Stone, for instance--that would draww her eye. Let me know, and we'll fast forward to the scene in the morning.)

Remove ads