Eric Noah's Info

Festivus

First Post
I just hope that when I order my first case of 4E feat cards that I can get a Weapon Finesse card. It would suck if that was a rare chase card that I had to buy 2 more cases of to be certain I would get it.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Wulf Ratbane said:
If you had ever purchased a single product from this random publisher, you'd realize that my prices were always well below the market average, despite the fact that the quality was well above average.

The success of this strategy speaks for itself.
Wulf is right here. Take a look at Grim Tales...it's exactly the kind of product you're talking about. The question is: when do we see the full color edition with glossy paper Todd McFarlane art? I suggest charging $99.99 for it...

Seriously, though: I have followed this discussion for years. Just about everyone says they want low cost, perfect-bound, black and white games, but what actually sells is something else.

--Steve

rounser

First Post
running an RPG company doesn't give you the right to make bitter would-be-ironic comments about what a single customer wants.
But what you and I want doesn't matter if there aren't enough of us, as you know. That's the capitalist way.

Thus, you are stupid for wanting something if you aren't in the majority, because you won't receive it and so deserve to be mocked for having the gall to express a desire for it. That seems to be the thinking involved.

Last edited:

ashockney

First Post
Seconded! Big time!

EricNoah said:
I know Ryan Dancey is lurking around here somewhere. I'd be curious to hear what he as to say about a 4th edition w/regards to a) the rollout (i.e. should 4E's rollout be done the same way 3E's rollout was done -- a big announcement, a year of releasing info in digestible chunks, three main books over three months, etc.), and b) the OGL/d20 thing (does he think 4E will still essentially be "the d20 system" and has it accomplished what he thought it would -- extending the network of players and DMs).

I would love to see many of the industry heavyweights hop in here and postulate on the future of the game, and the impact it may have on the game we have today thanks to the OGL AND D20 LICENSE.

Ilium

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
The Snark is provided free of charge.

I like to provide a little something extra for every Bad Axe customer.

I believe the Snark currently enjoys a 4.15 star average review, like most of my products, although it has not yet been nominated for an ENnie.

See, that's the kind of personalized customer service that big companies just don't provide. :)

MerricB said:
After the astonishingly successful release of D&D 3E, Wizards saw fit to lay off a large number of staff, several behind the design of 3e.

These things don't always make sense to us.

It does in the context of budget. Companies have budgets. Nowadays, a classic, short-term view assumes that you can replace expertise and historical knowlede with someone newer and cheaper. Or, as Phil Reed said in response, once you've done the work, just license it out. Is it "right"? I don't think so, by my opinion matters diddly over squat to a spreadsheet.

I appreciate Erik Mona stopping by to clarify that they license. I could easily see WotC doing licensing of the RPG portion and keeping what makes a profit. Or what they think makes a profit.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Wulf Ratbane said:
I believe the Snark currently enjoys a 4.15 star average review, like most of my products, although it has not yet been nominated for an ENnie.

I hear Snark 2.0 will be totally revamped, MST3K style, and available for free download to play concurrently with your favorite tabletop game. Is that a true rumor?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Eridanis said:
I hear Snark 2.0 will be totally revamped, MST3K style, and available for free download to play concurrently with your favorite tabletop game. Is that a true rumor?

Are you kidding me? Haven't you been paying attention to this thread?

Snark 1.0 currently meets and exceeds all customer expectations. Rolling out Snark 2.0 at this time would just be greedy.

Remove ads