Eric Noah's Info

Spell

First Post
EricNoah said:
You know what I hope? I hope WotC doesn't listen to our babbling too closely. Because I'm not sure "we" really know what "we" want.

if i have the money, and this D&D is organised as the basic box D&D was (with the addition of miniatures), i might give it a shot. i won't buy the first printing, though. it's usually filled with mistakes, and it's full price... ;)

Razz

Banned
Banned
el-remmen said:
How can you know you don't care for something you haven't even seen or definitively heard about yet? :confused:

It's probably for the same reason I chose not to care about 4E once I switched over to 3.5E.

I have a very large library of 3.5 books from WotC, a few I never bought (Weapons of Legacy, Enemies&Allies to name a couple) and the Eberron books. It was bad enough I went from 2E to 3E then 3.5E, a lot of money and time down the drain it seems. I stop at 3.5E because I refuse to buy 4E only to know a few years into 4E they're going to just start working on 5E. I don't care howe many times better 4E is, because I personally don't see what else they can do in 4E that you couldn't accomplish in 3.5E with 3rd party products, Dragon Magazine, Unearthed Arcana, and house rules. Plus all of my players will just be really angry, probably even quit the game entirely, if we moved to another edition.

Yep, D&D becomes dead to me beyond 3.5E. I might look at the FR 4E books (if there are any) for it's lore, that's about it.

If 4E is a change from 3.5E like 3.5E was a change from 3.0E, I ~might~ be more open-minded about it. But that still would leave all 3.0/3.5 books needing an upgrade, which I doubt WotC will have the time and money to do for free on their website again.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
The Snark is provided free of charge.

I like to provide a little something extra for every Bad Axe customer.

I believe the Snark currently enjoys a 4.15 star average review, like most of my products, although it has not yet been nominated for an ENnie.

But the snark has never been provided to the judges in any judgable form. That's your bad Wulf. Try to get it in next year! :p

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Wulf Ratbane said:
Well, of course you do. Your business plan actually seems to call for this crazy "profit" notion.

We do things a little differently over here at Bad Axe.

Yeah, some of us don't have day jobs where we can sit on EnWorld and still make money. :) I've gotta look at profit or else it's back to the corporate world for me (and I'm pretty sure they won't let me play the XBox while I'm in a corporate office so I want to make this keep working).

JoeGKushner

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
Despite his insistence that they're simply to generate discussion, Mike Mearls' recent website articles on developing some classic critters is one of those signs, I believe.

I'd add the Monster Manual IV format to the list with maps and more GM friendly bits.

I'd also add Book of Nine Swords/Tome of Nine Blades as the abilities are useful during every 'encounter' as opposed to X/day.

Delta

First Post
Why don't other games follow the "revise, reset, resell" model? Like chess, poker, baseball, etc.? Wouldn't companies that make those products be better off revising the rules and selling new products to all the players every few years? Or is there an advantage to grognards always being able to teach the game to newbies, fathers-to-sons, etc.?

Spell

First Post
el-remmen said:
How can you know you don't care for something you haven't even seen or definitively heard about yet? :confused:

easy:
1. i found a good system that gives me (or will give me, when the bestiary comes out!) pretty much what i want from a role playing game: GURPS.
2. i had problems wiht 3e, i didn't like what they did with 3.5, and i see no reason why they should change the game completely for the new edition.
3. i have a limited amount of money i can spend on RPGs. more importantly, i don't have space for many more books. so, i either buy GURPS (which i know comes from a solid company and does what i want) or i buy D&D 4th edition (which is 100% speculation. even when the game is out, i doubt i will be able to read the books unless i buy them or i read them in a shop).

Wulf Ratbane said:
The Snark is provided free of charge.

I like to provide a little something extra for every Bad Axe customer.

I believe the Snark currently enjoys a 4.15 star average review, like most of my products, although it has not yet been nominated for an ENnie.

Hey, I didn't get any Snark with my Grim Tales or Slavelords. Can I get my money back?

Remove ads