D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan,

Finnan watched from beside Thia as the guard approached. Thia gestured and whispered in the strange language of magic and the guards already quite footfalls disappeared. "I cast Silence. Do something to the guard from here" as she pressed forward. Finnan reached for his component pouch that wasn't there, cursed then changed his mind. Extending his hand as best he could with the manacles he whispered his own eldritch words and a jagged beam of energy lept towards the guard.

[SBLOCK=Actions and Rolls]
Finnan attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D10+3 = [7]+3 = 10

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 13
HP: 21/21 HD: 3/3

Offense:Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Unarmed: +5 5ft 1B

Spells:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast (VS), Friends (SM), Light (VM), Mage Hand (VS), Spare the Dying (VS)
2/2 level 2: Dissonant Whispers (V); Arms of Hadar (VS); Crown of Madness (VS); Mirror Image (VS)
[/SBLOCK]

Thia watches the drow silently scream out in pain as the halfling unleashes an apparently painful blast of energy at him. She was going to have him open the door but it's probably safer to just put him down if she can. She jabs forward with the knife as he reels from the arcane attack. He looks her in the eye as the light fades from his visage and his body drops to the ground. These decisions were never easy when she first joined the service. And for a while she would get others to kill on her orders. But this. This felt good. And she rushes up and grabs the keys from his belt and turns back to the gate lock looking for the right key.
OOC: Dagger: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [1, 11]+5 = 16
1D4+3 = [2]+3 = 5

action: stabby
item manip: pick up keys
move: Hmm. Already standing in square next to lock. Can she find the key to cell?

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Drow guard atk/Finnan(who has cover) [roll0]
disadvantage/distance [roll1]
dmg, 1d6+2=5

There are two keys, will take one round to try both and open the door.

Finnan's blast lights up the cavern like a quick bout of heat lightning, but makes no noise at all. The light attracts the guards in the other room and one steps into the archway of the guard post. "He what are you doing there?" he shouts as he takes aim and fires, the bolt catches the halfling in his shoulder and he cries out in pain that only he and the guard can hear. (need CON save DC 13)

Ront rushed towards the bars as he sees Thia take out the guard from behind. He shook them, but even though one hinge was missing the other held fast to the stonework.

Everyone in the slave pen is also curious about the strange quick flash of light. And they start towards the front. JimJAr sees Thia outside the bars and says "Five gold they catch her!"

OOC: Kildrak and Atallia to finish the round.

[sblock=Map]
break out_2.jpg[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: If she can, she holds the keys toward the bars where atallia could just take them from her. Also, hopefully Thia figures out the guards have been alerted from all the reactions.

EDIT: I forgot. I used the group inspiration for advantage on the dagger stab. I pass that to Finnan. Hopefully he crits his next EB. :)

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Kildrak started churning his squat but powerful legs and ran out of the cage and across the bridge preparing to tear a guard apart with his hands.

Ooc: Dash to J8 edit: If I can Vow of Enmity as a Bonus Action on the adjacent Drow.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Remove ads