• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Dekana

Explorer
Lenard takes long gulps of his rum while the large figure speaks. It certainly is noisy in this place... he thinks slightly annoyed. But I guess it's to be expected. Anyone still paying attention to Lenard will notice that he starts sweating, smiling like an idiot, and blushing profusely.

He leans over to Noriaki and "whispers" in a loud voice, "How 'bout that! A tesht of arms in a faraway land. I think I'll pash on the fighting myshelf, but I, uh, wonder if even a sword master would work for a *hic* monster."

(passive religion 20)

Cleverusername

First Post
"Your proposition is intriguing but I fear that I am likely too experienced for your games" the man name Corvus calls out, toasting the newcomer.

[sblock=ooc]
Corvus just leveled up to 2nd, too bad. Good luck all [/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
Standing from his table, Tyris walks over to the newcomer, the shadows melting away as he enters the better-lit areas of the tavern. He nods to the man once, then stands to the side and waits to see who else will accept the challenge.

OOC: I've got -1 modifiers to both Religion and History, so no point in even trying. I also just submitted the character for approval last week, so let me know if not being approved is an issue.

Mewness

First Post
It is not clear whether Tlacamatli hears Lenard's comment or not, as he shows no reaction whatsoever. He nods politely to the silent Tyris, then walks about the room, turning the eye-holes of his mask on each occupant briefly.

OOC: I have no problem with unapproved characters joining.

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí shuffles up to the newcomer.

"Did you say music? Dancing? Storytelling?" she asks. "Perhaps I will go with you. A chance to sing for a princess is always interesting."
[sblock=ooc]Religion Check (1d20+5=9)
Hú Lí is blissfully ignorant.

I've got two characters already in adventures, so people with fewer should feel free to jump in front of me in the queue.[/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
With an almost violent motion, the doors of the tavern fly open, and in the doorway stands a tall, sturdy-looking Dragonborn. The others' eyes are upon his dark-red scales and young, thick frame as his own pair cautiously scan the dimly-lit tavern's panorama, a determined look upon his solemn face.

Disregarding the strange glances from some of the patron-folk, the Dragonborn hastily struts in, closing the doors behind him. Approaching the first servant in sight, he barrages her with an immediate question. "Greetings. I am Takahaan Thanazashi, a traveling officer from the Iron Legion in the Kingdom of Jade. I am looking for a friend... He is about this tall and around-" Cutting himself off, Takahaan spots his target, sitting at a table near him, along with a few other human patrons.

Quickly walking over, having trouble choosing between relief and annoyance, Takahaan reaches the table, and grabs Noriaki's shoulder from behind with a firm but friendly grip.

"Friend," he bellows, still undecisive between anger and comfort, "I stop for a single moment to relieve myself, and you continue on down the road without me? I question your understanding of how devoted I am to my task, Noriaki. What deeply enthralling thing could have possibly stolen your attention from waiting a short minute for me?

By the end of his shouting, Takahaan had broken into a slight grin, ultimately realizing the inherent humor in Noriaki continuing without him.

OOC: History Check: 1d20+4=8

Takahaan doesn't realize the purpose behind the mask.

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
"Did you say music? Dancing? Storytelling?" she asks. "Perhaps I will go with you. A chance to sing for a princess is always interesting."

Tlacamatli stops near a table and turns his mask toward its sole occupant, a man who immediately becomes nervous under the strange Magari's unreadable gaze and gets up to leave without saying what spooked him. Before sitting down, Tlacamatli unslings his weapon, an enormous wooden sword with rows of obsidian teeth running along its sides. He takes a seat with the macuahuitl across his lap and gestures with a gloved hand for Hú Lí to join him. "I have heard the princess say that she enjoys foreign music very much. But she will not understand your stories, unless you speak our language."

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki listened intently to the masked figure. "This sounds like a great opportunity! If skilled fighters from around the world are called to these Games, surely I will find some I can sharpen my blade against." he thought. "And this strange girl might be going as well. Surely this is not to be missed."

Absorbed in his excitement over the masked figure and his speech, Noriaki does not notice Takahaan until the dragonborn claps a hand on his shoulder. He recognizes the weight of the hand and brushes it off gently. He speaks up in an amused tone, "Taka, you worry too much, and also drink too much water. Hold your lecture. This masked one has come to find those of great skill to compete for prizes. We shall enter, and gain much honor by winning."

Noriaki stands and walks lightly over to where the masked one and Hu Li are seated, arriving just in time to hear the tail end of the masked one's sentence clearly. He takes a slight bow. "My sword speaks a language understood by all. My name is Noriaki Matsumoto, third son of the House of Storms, prodigy of the blade taught by Master Hachi Danmyou. I would enter the Games."

[sblock=OOC]This adventure sounds fun, the hook alone has me excited! I haven't read the path before, or really any Pathfinder adventure paths, though I've heard they're quite good.

Anyway, Noriaki Matsumoto, Human Thaneborn Barbarian 1, ready for adventure! This character has yet to be approved, but he is submitted and all.[/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
Pondering the idea of a competition, Takahaan instantly broke his focus from teasing his friend. "Such confidence he has. However, this pride is based in truthful skill, and he would serve as a fine ally in such a competition, gauging from our previous encounters with danger."

Almost hypnotized by the idea of being finally being able to prove his worth, Takahaan's heart leaps and he tastes feelings of confidence, almost as prideful as his small friend.

Following his human friend's precedent, Takahaan gallantly approaches the masked figure as well.
"My name is Takahaan Thazashi, an officer of the Iron Legion, as my father is. My heart thirsts for victory, for honor. I ask that I may compete."

Mewness

First Post
Tlacamatli gestures for Noriaki and Takahaan to sit as well. He speaks again, his voice so hollow that it seems as though it must take considerable effort for him to speak even in this quiet way. "Our people love to see feats of arms," he says. "Especially if the styles are exotic. There is nothing they like more, except perhaps ullamaliztli."

[sblock=prospective players]Just keeping a record of possible recruits. Asterisks indicate people who do not have any characters in adventures yet.

Leader: Hú Lí, fox spirit cunning bard (BenBrown)
Striker: Noriaki, human thaneborn barbarian (Pentius)*
Leader: Takahaan, dragonborn bravura warlord (GROMkill)*[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads