• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
When no one as looking, no one saw Dox. Someone saw him now again at the table with Phoenix. It was unclear if he had always been here: Had he moved? It probably was not important. He was there now. Probably. It was just difficult to focus on him.

Dox, wherever he was, ignored the newcomer monster hunter.
OOC: Yeah, Dox is way over level for that at 7.

FourMonos

First Post
The eladrin stands up and walks to Helsing. "You hunt monsters... that's sounds just perfect. If you need someone, I'm your man. My name is Eloan and I have been officer in the city guards for ten years. I've seen my lot of strange thing." he tells proudly.

Eloan catches Helsing before he exits the door.

"Strange?" His harsh voice gravels. "Strange! I'm not walking old ladies across the street and then find out its a transvestite! I don't deal in strange, eladrin. I deal in death!"

And with that pleasantry, Helsing storms off into the pouring rain.

OOC: welcome aboard [MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION]! Just need confirmation from [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] Everyone else is welcome to come back into the tavern and role play for a bit.
Again, planning to start this officially on 12/15 (assuming its okay'ed by the judges)

treex

First Post

"Helsing is the name."

OOC: *Groan*

He takes some wooden stakes from inside his heavy coat and tosses them on the table by the door. They appear to be covered in black blood.

"I've met some former companions of his. Tell the mechanic I'm looking for him. I may not be the only one."
OOC: And that had better not have been Kruor's daddy. (Kruor's daddy is a vampire|artificer)

OOC: welcome aboard [MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION]! Just need confirmation from [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] Everyone else is welcome to come back into the tavern and role play for a bit.
Again, planning to start this officially on 12/15 (assuming its okay'ed by the judges)
OOC: Doesn't that make like...7 adventurers? With potential clashing (and hence PvP)
And awww, that's like...9 days. (10 if you don't live in the future like me)

Velmont

First Post
Eloan seems destabilized by Helsing. He hesitate and his eyes looks aside for a second before he replies "Yeah... yeah, Death! That too... I had to deal with Rinch the Riser gang onc... among other things. He set zombies free in a square. That day had been a long day at the watch."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
From the table in the corner, quiet elf raises, leaning on his staff.
"I would be interested in eradicating vampires. Not sure about this Kruor, his heart seems to be in the right place. It's so hard to know who are monsters these days when undead can walk in the tavern, get murdered by shadow creature, while earth elemental, shadow dwarf, plant girl and various other assorted creatures watch. I guess it would be different if murder victim was an elven maid. At least I hope so.

Anyhow, I would like to join you in your quest."

The elf taps his staff, approaching Helsing as he speaks. He bumps into the chair carelessly drawn out from the table which he missed while tapping his way forward.

He raises his head and white pupiless eyes stare blindly through the man.

"Illarion Merielle, at you service." he bows in front of the monster hunter.

"I have seen monsters in forms of paladins and paladins in the form of monsters. There is nothing that can scare me on sight." he motions vaguely toward his eyes, smiling lightly.

OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], I couldn't make an entrance before while Rocco is in the tavern, so now let's just assume he was sitting quietly in a corner :)

jbear

First Post
OOC: Cool bananas! I will await Kruor and his captor's return before returning with The Cursed One, so that when he walks in he can give his chiding speech to Kruor and realign at least in some way the glitch in time. Perhaps TCO merely accompanied her to the medic/temple and left her in capabel hands in order to return swiftly to confront Kruor, but something held him up (probably another spot of awful luck).

Am I right to think we aren't going on an adventure with Helsing. He's just setting the stage for a hook to follow?

Am I right in thinking that being level 1 in an adventure that will in some way be fit for such high level characters as well, The Cursed One and Kruor will get a tastily large XP reward if they survive?

treex

First Post
Kruor nervously glances at Kamotz and Nathantiel. As his eyes meets Kamotz's, they flash yellow.

"Uh...umm, me think best if Nate go in. Wolfman might make waitress-lady scream like siren too."

OOC: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] TCO can still be within the doc's place...thing. I don't want you to feel left out. Out of the timestream that is. Technically, you should still be here, with the waitress.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Perhaps TCO merely accompanied her to the medic/temple and left her in capable hands...

Am I right to think we aren't going on an adventure with Helsing. He's just setting the stage for a hook to follow?

OOC: Right you are [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] I'm assuming you guys left the girl at the temple of healing nearby so she could have her wounds treated. It would be best just to return to the Inn at this point. And this Helsing experience was just a taste of what's to come. [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] Helsing is in something of a bad mood so...

The human looks at the elf with the same withering, angry stare he has affixed everyone in the tavern. He ignores his offer of help without a word before leaving. (this time for good :))

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient

"Berry, wait here for me."
Nate commands the blink dog. With just a thought, he banishes his martial looking armor before entering the waitress' room, knocking.

"Sorry miss, I heard you could maybe need my help? I have some training in the healing arts."

[sblock=OOC]
my new level 6 druid (protector) elf controller. He replaces my Deva wizard, Ronen. Sheet is still work in progress and uses material not legal until the 15th.

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-lightl Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing, Summoner's Staff

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-lightl Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 19
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0

[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The elf takes the glare without flinching. At the last moment, just before the man turns, the eyes focus for a moment, boring into mans eyes
"Do not presume, human!"

before turning away and returning toward his table. He motions toward Kamotz, Hunzu and Eloan, strangely precise movement from a blind creature to join him at the table.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads