Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth looks as yet another females enters the tavern. He hadn't seen so much activity since that raccoon family moved to live in the tavern. His gaze shifts unconsciously to a mound of fur and bones. He looks as the girl, seemingly lost in some sort of illusory world speaks to some unseen ghost of her mind, leaving her cloak drop to the floor. She then walks to the rotten bar, and begins speaking and winking at the dusty flasks and rotten wooden mugs, ordering some sort of drink in her mind perhaps.
He decides to say nothing for the moment, shifting his good eye to the couple of the drunken elven woman and the stout elven male. Perhaps they would make this place their home? Have pups, like the raccoons did. It would be lovely to see some new life in Daunton after all.

Neil1889

First Post
Suddenly the portal begins to glow brighter and a short female humanoid stumbles through it and the cobwebs that stretch over its surface.

She doesn't seem too bothered by the stretched gossamer as she waives her arms briskly through it; her clothing is muddy, her blonde hair is a mess of curls and spikes and a translucent green spider clinging to her back peers around the room with gently glowing eye clusters.

Spinning around to look back whence she came, she suddenly throws something back through the portal; a brief glimpse of something silvery and possibly triangular is seen before it disappears back through the gate.

"Catch!" she yells, "and thanks!"she adds. The portal suddenly returns back to its darkened dormant state and the small figure turns to regard the room.

"By Pan's bedraggled beard, what in Creation's going on here?"
she exclaims.

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Moving over to the elf and standing near the table, the small woman suddenly starts when she sees the seated half-elf, "How did...I just left you in there...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH LERRICK?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Shadow dettaches from the wall and shadar-kai looking very much like a dwarf (or is it the other way around) fingers his axe.
"You might reconsider yelling at the little one, spider lady. It is not healthy."

OOC: Rocco Shadowlost comes from the shadows, there is his shadowy mantion right here, as [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] established ;)

Looking around, the dwarf frowns.
"What happened to this place? It was much livelier before? Lerrick, do you know anything about this?

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: edited original "entering the tavern" post for a third time...I get it now...the portal :)

"How did...I just left you in there...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH LERRICK?"

The cleric smiles and then thinks for a minute before responding. I...I don't know. I remember falling asleep after aiding a group kill a hideous plant beast. I was so tired. During my sleep I had a dream. A beautiful golden dragon appeared...definitely not like the one I dealt with in the past...and said COME MARKED ONE. YOU ARE NEEDED HERE. Next thing I know I appear here. She shrugs her shoulders in disbelief.

She then turns to the dwarf. With a brief pause, then total recognition the half elf gets out of her of her chair, and screams ROCCO!...good to see you again! and gives the dwarf a bone crushing hug much to the discomfort of the dwarf. She turns back to the woman she originally talked too. This is one of the of the party who saved me from the dreaded black dragon Bosch.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
At the outburst, Rocco looses some of his grayness of skin and turns almost normal shade of pink. His pierciengs jingle as he shakes his head, careful not to pull his beard from the childs hug.

"Easy there, little one, you'll hurt yourself. I'm glad to see you're well. I went to see the family and visit main Peresephas shrine after my judgement. Now I return and see...." he encompasses dusty tavern with his hand - "...this. I see the risks of the dragon didn't diminish your spirit, you're talking about horrible plant life? Again here in the park? It's always leaking that fey land that wants to encompass everything."

The divine in the throng may notice that Rocco uses the name of Queen of the Dead, something normally associated with curses and bad luck as she punishes those brazen or stupid enough to do it.

Neil1889

First Post
The small woman looks at the grey being and addresses him in dwarven, "Relax, master dwarf, I was with Lerrick earlier in the Feywild myself, struggling with the same horrible plants. My name is Lilli and this is my companion Lotte," she says, indicating the ghostly green spider.

"My apologies Lerrick, dear," she says in her accented Allarian Common, "I was surprised to see you here and thought you might have been a doppleganger or some other shapechanger."

Lilli walks over to stand by Mikara's table, the top of her head being even lower in height than the table top, "So, what happened here? I was in one of the more unpleasant parts of the Feywild for what seemed like a long day. Lerrick and I escape and find, well, all is dust. How much time has passed since this place was the lively den of iniquity that we all loved? Is the much of Daunton like this?"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek shakes his head sadly, a bittersweet smile on his face. "The whole of the city, I'm afraid. It has been long enough for Daunton's fame to wane to the point of nostalgic memory."

The armoured elf's tone lightens slightly as he adds, "But for this many adventurers to all arrive here at once, perhaps it is time for the Hanged Man to live once again."

Remove ads