• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Dekana

Explorer
"My dear, you seem terribly pensive. This is hardly the mood with which to greet the occasion!"
"Mmm. It was a victory. The forest will recover... despite our l-losses. Anyway, my thoughts are elsewhere." Toeto hesitates, not sure if should even mention the forgotten deity she encountered near the tower. "The g-golden lady, she gave me much to think about."

[sblock=Scarm]Toeto is holding a book with wooden bindings that she did not have during the adventure. From the cover, it looks to be a religious text on the subject of Dayna, goddess of the woodlands (among other things).[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"This looks promising," declares "Harold," pointing at an item on the wine list while the girl peers over his shoulder. "Bring it in a tall, thin glass, if you please.... On second thought, bring a glass for the lady, as well." He cocks his head at Toeto. "No doubt you can find something to match her charming physiognomy." The girl gives the strangely matched pair an odd look, takes the list, and walks off. "You may leave the bottle!" calls "Harold," turning back to Toeto. "Whatever are you reading?" he asks her. Leaning forward and lowering his voice to a theatrical whisper, he continues, "I hope you are not reduced to perusing courtly romances." After poking a good deal of his beak into her book to assuage his curiosity, he explodes with, "Ah, it is worse than I feared, if you are reading about religion. Come, come, one should always attempt to lift one's soul with a good wine before resorting to such desperate measures."

Small zap can be heard above as portal activates. A voice can be heard: "...nce only breeds violence. You really shouldn't do this."

ZZAAP! Portal opens and young man comes crashing in, grappling with a sailor. In a feat of agility, man, barely old enough to be called that, turns in the air and kicks the sailor back through the portal, turning in the air and landing in a crouch, with one hand and one knee on the floor.

He gets up and looks around.

"Hah! It worked! I heard about the portal, but never saw it function before! And it would turn ugly back there."

"Do you serve tea here?" he approaches the barkeep.

twilsemail

First Post
Felix leans towards the newcomer, and (more importantly) away from the bard. He says in a genial tone, "You've got to provide a name before they'll provide service, friend. Bouncers like to know who they're tossing out. Any name will do. For example, mine's Felix." He smiles warmly and extends a hand. "I'd prefer you didn't use that one. I've grown attached to it over the years."

"Nice to meet you, Felix. My name is Drew Lucan. I'm glad nobody's looking to rob me here simply because I'm young. Nobody seems too excited about my entrance. May I assume that people from Bacarte come here often?"

The boy is blond, with open robe that allows freedom of movement, seemingly new. Blue eyes look from unremarkable face with intense focus as if he needs to think how to talk.

On his belt there is valuable looking dagger, hilt shaped like a dragon holding a ruby in it's mouth.

Attachments

• Drew.jpg
    Drew.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Dragon dagger.jpg
    Dragon dagger.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 63

twilsemail

First Post
He looks around conspiratorially and leans in closer, "Honestly? No idea. I'm new here myself. Came in through the other portal," he gestures to the doorway with a grin. "I just didn't want to gape like a tourist in case this happens every Feyday. Should we be worried about that gent following you in?"

"I don't think so. I got quite a few of them before they ganged up. Once the weapons were drawn, I decided to fly out. Now, if I knew what I did to get the portal open, maybe I would recruit few bored souls here to teach those pirates a lesson, but I don't."

[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION], here is your monk, if you send me a message on simeon_lanyah :monkey: yahoo I'll send you CB file.

Consider items on shop tab his wishlist.

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: Monkey?

"Ah. Well, I'm sure that last fellow was just putting on airs. He didn't really seem particularly dedicated to the cause." He spends a moment eyeing the dagger, in a non-gonna-steal-it way and asks, "Is that new? Was it perhaps the thing that drew out the worst in the others? The same may happen here if the wrong type arrives."

Luinnar

First Post
"I don't think so. I got quite a few of them before they ganged up. Once the weapons were drawn, I decided to fly out. Now, if I knew what I did to get the portal open, maybe I would recruit few bored souls here to teach those pirates a lesson, but I don't."

@Luinnar, here is your monk, if you send me a message on simeon_lanyah :monkey: yahoo I'll send you CB file.

OOC: [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] I'm not the one recruiting for the adventure :)

Sorry, you gave me XP so it somehow stuck.

[MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION], here is the monk. Wiki over the weekend. If you send me a message on simeon_lanyah :monkey: yahoo I'll send you CB file.

Remove ads