Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=Recruiting!]I am recruiting one 1st-level character for my Serpent’s Skull campaign. We already have a pretty balanced group. If you’re interested, please take note of the following:

--Most desirable role is probably Striker (maybe Controller). Least desirable is Leader. (We already have two.) I really want a character that will synergize well with the existing group; this will be my main consideration if several people are interested.

--Skills most lacking in the group are Dungeoneering, History, Religion, Thievery. None of these are vital, although they may see some use. Given how much exploration there is in this adventure, the group could always use another sneaky-scouty person.

--This is a long adventure that may turn into an entire adventure path. Don’t volunteer for this unless you’re reasonably sure that you can post frequently for a long period.

--Likewise, if you join, you’ll be stuck with me as DM for a long time. You should definitely read the adventure thread and see whether you like it.

--You’ll start off shipwrecked on a nasty island. It’s probably best if your PC has never entered the tavern. If he or she has, you may want to edit him or her out again =)

--Very specific plot hooks are actually not a good thing for this adventure. It’s very isolated, and it will be difficult-to-impossible to work in NPCs, revenge plots, anything location-based, etc.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Questions about recruitment and norms]
[MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION]

I'm interested in your game for sure. Being shipwrecked fits pretty well with Kane's backstory. Being shipwrecked again would actually be quite ironic for him.

He's a hybrid Swordmage/wizard, so a decent controller that moves into melee to mark and then retreats and defends at range. He isn't trained in any of the mentioned skills desired, but his main stat is INT (so Religion and History aren't too shabby).

I can commit to regular posts and extended commitment to a campaign.

But I'm kind of wondering what the rules are with me having already walked into the tavern and spoken my name. My character has one approval, but needs a second. And I'm fairly loathe to erase the above post that was met with such a warm and friendly response from the L4W community (thanks heaps everyone, btw!).

Would there be anyway I could step back out after I finished my drink and go and get on a boat at the docks?

Anyway, i am interested. There is a link to Kane above, so you can check him out and see what you think. And if we can work around not having to erase walking into the tavern somehow, then count me interested :) It would be pretty awesome getting into a game that quick! Kane could stop all that itching! [/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=jbear]As far as I know, erasing oneself from the tavern after one has entered is completely without precedent (but I don't see why it shouldn't be done if there's a reason for it).

For me it's just a timing issue. I think it's less silly if the new character has been on the island longer than the existing characters (who have been there for less than a day). And while time can be a funny thing in L4E, I prefer it not to be quite *that* funny.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Would there be anyway I could step back out after I finished my drink and go and get on a boat at the docks?

Anyway, i am interested. There is a link to Kane above, so you can check him out and see what you think. And if we can work around not having to erase walking into the tavern somehow, then count me interested :) It would be pretty awesome getting into a game that quick! Kane could stop all that itching!

There is a way. There is a portal in the tavern that leads to the island of Bacarte. But it is known to be unreliable at times (read: story requires it). So you may tell a bad pirate joke or tell a story and suddenly find yourself in front of the portal or be bumped through it.

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock]

There is a way. There is a portal in the tavern that leads to the island of Bacarte. But it is known to be unreliable at times (read: story requires it). So you may tell a bad pirate joke or tell a story and suddenly find yourself in front of the portal or be bumped through it.

Aye, and if a bit of time distortion goes on in the warp when the portal goes wrong, say, the character could arrive some weeks in the past.

[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
The door to the tavern opens, and a...thing enters the bar. It's wearing tan (or perhaps faded gold) hide armor, and it's size and shape would lead one to believe that it is a male dwarf. Its (his?) skin is an ashen gray, which would lead an onlooker to believe that he's duergar were it not for the fact that he is completely hairless. Moreover, his features seem...off. The thing gives off an air of menace, and his shadow seems darker and more vivid than it probably should be.

The thing scans the room before settling in to a dark corner.

"Dirge", he says to no one in particular. "Dirge is...a good name."

OOC: It's official; Dirge, still pending approval, has entered the bar.

Remove ads