Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I think there is some confusion. Dina is my level 9 artifficer|warlord. Fhangrim, my level 6 gnoll druid, is currently outside the tavern with his traveling circus.

I know jbear has DM credits to spare if he needs to level up, and I have a few I could throw to Goldhammer to make the levels a bit closer.

My wife used to play here with a level 6 witch, I could see if she is still interested if you need a 4th.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: @Son of Meepo Hmmm...Your choice. I'll take Dina or Fhangrim. Whatever you decide. If you choose to go with Fhangrim just role play the switch. Dina's success in the skill challenge will still stand.

OOC:
Welcome Leather and Torqua. Please report to the adventure thread The Jade Ring

Fhangrim: Level 6 Druid
Leather: Level 5 Fighter
Torqua: Level 5 Sorceress
NPC: Brother Navio: Temple of Lauto Archivist:

Lets go with this. Let the adventure begin :)

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Wait, so you don't need a 4th PC? Haaku is a L5 melee Striker, and worked with Leather and Fhangrim and Torqua on our last adventure. It'd be fun to keep the group together.

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: @WEContact Haaku is in. Can't disrupt team chemistry

OOC:
Welcome Leather and Torqua. Please report to the adventure thread The Jade Ring

Dina: Level 5 Druid
Leather: Level 5 Fighter
Torqua: Level 5 Sorceress
Haaku: Level 5 Ranger/Fighter
NPC: Brother Navio: Temple of Lauto Archivist:

Lets go with this. Let the adventure begin :)

Negin

First Post
Neginea starts a bit at the dragon head when it budges through the front door, then looks as the group in front of her continues to talk animatedly. She shrugs and returns to the bar.

dimsdale

First Post
The huge bugbear watches Neginea go back to her seat. He gives a grunt, then takes the finishing bites his meal.

ooc: [MENTION=6748904]Negin[/MENTION] I think a low level adventure is in the works to start sometime in early September.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Chambers (L5 Seeker|Ranger, Controller) is now back in the tavern, available for an adventure! Here'a a portrait I had someone cobble together to include his sweetass revolving crossbow. Picture him loading various kinds of magical bolts as the situation demands a la Outlaw's protagonist with his magitech gun.
Chambers.jpg

Chambers kicks the open the Hanged Man's batwing doors, scowling, with his hands raised. While this seems unusual at first, it makes more sense when a pair of city guards prod him further into the tavern with their drawn short swords. "We've brought him back, Blagram. We'll keep an eye on him if he tries to leave but while he's under your roof he's your responsibility." With that, the pair take their leave.

Chambers takes a seat at the bar, still wearing that look of wounded pride. "Blagram, three fingers of your Elmer T, neat, to wash away that affront to my dignity, if it please ya," he says, taking stock of the tavern's other patrons. Blagram captures his attention when he slams a massive fist on the counter instead of a glass. "Not til I get m'cut from this last job, and even then ys get nothing stronger'n ale past the first round, ye great stinkin lout! Don't you forget you're here to pay off your tab from three years ago, when you drank yourself blind, wrecked the place, 'n disappeared into th' woods!" Chambers winces as the tirade breaks over him like a comber at the beach. "Fine, fine," Chambers replies grouchily. He tosses a small pouch onto the bar, which links softly when it lands. Chambers gives the barkeep a withering glare, and takes his bourbon to an unoccupied table nearby. At his hip he has a long and profoundly odd-looking crossbow hanging in a scabbard, which he draws (the arms of the crossbow unfold as it leaves the sheath) and lays on the table before him as he sits down. With a smooth click the chamber pops out, and Logan removes the four quarrels inside and tucks them away. He throws back his bourbon and unscrews the covering that conceals the trigger mechanism, which he begins cleaning and oiling fastidiously. He wanted to be prepared the next time somebody came by the tavern with work for him.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Will soon start recruiting for "Troll hunters", my new adventure, a sequel to Underneath the Undead, although not necessarily linked to it. Gauging interest.

Remove ads